Klutch 3/8 Inch Angle Drill Attachment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed Fasano

Ed
Senior User
While repurposing an old chest of drawers, the need for tight-quarters,right angle drilling arose. I wanted the ability to use other than hex-shankbits, which narrowed things down to ones with a chuck of some sort. I also wanted to keep the project moving, so local availability was a plus. A quick Google search revealed a likely candidate at Northern Tool in Colfax. Priced at just $24.99 and unsure how much use the tool might get after this project, I decided to give the Klutch 3/8 Inch Angle Drill Attachment a try. Needing some moving blankets and a couple of other things, I was able to apply a recently received coupon that netted savings of 20%.

Pros: It was inexpensive. It’s as straightforward as an accessory of this nature can be. It works. It has a keyless chuck, enabling me to use my Fuller tapered drill bits with their countersinks. It got the job done.

Cons: The clamshell packaging was a nightmare to open. A bit of run-out at the chuck is noticeable, but tolerable for my purposes. It’s a challenge to apply the necessary right-angle pressure, but that must be common to this drill add-on.

Conclusion: The Northern Tool Klutch 3/8 Inch Angle Drill Attachment got the job at hand done. Who knows when I’ll need to use it again, so (in this rare instance) I’m not terribly concerned with how long the tool might last.

Carry on.

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member

Cons: The clamshell packaging was a nightmare to open.

Ed, you need a 5 year old to properly open the clamshell packaging. :gar-La;

The right angle drive attachments are great for those tight spots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS