Klingspor show

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
I have to lock in with Greg what we want him to do and with Coleman on our demo schedule so suggestions are welcome.

For NCWW demos I am thinking:

- Scroll saw (easy to do and we have some good folks who normally attend). I can bring my saw again

- Turning (how about we turn some weed pots for the cause). Of course we will need a lathe or two

- Box making with a Kreg jig (Rob)

- ?????

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
I'll be there both days. Weedpots are fun and easy. But I don't do public speaking very well.:nah::nah:. Just a phobia of mine. Someone speak and I will make weedpots.

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
Scott guess this is one of the threads that sat until it seemed to expire.

I am planning on being there Friday. I can take my mini for turning some weedpots, pens, or whatever.

M

McRabbet

I will be there both days and will be willing to demonstrate the Kreg Jig each day. We have a K4 Master System in the Fall Drawing, so I will have that there as well and maybe folks will buy one from Klingspor. Obviously, I will be using my own K3 jig and I'm not certain what I will be demonstrating -- I may do a cabinet and face frames with it, but I've got to check my plywood supply first. By the way, Greg's schedule of his demonstrations is listed in the Extravaganza Blog -- see the entry for September 27th.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Rob, I will mark you down for Friday's demo. I am thinking we do not need to do other demo's between Greg's on Sat. On Friday we will do weed pots (Andy and Tracy), kreg frames(Rob) and scroll sawing(Cathy and Scott).

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
I won't be able to make it. One thought though. If Jim is planning on being there and already has the GWL in his possession, maybe he could bring it along... :dontknow:

M

McRabbet

Rob, I will mark you down for Friday's demo. I am thinking we do not need to do other demo's between Greg's on Sat. On Friday we will do weed pots (Andy and Tracy), kreg frames(Rob) and scroll sawing(Cathy and Scott).
Okay! Looking forward to the event. I am going to get a blowup of the Drawing Prizes -- any other graphics we need produced? I can also get a Banner for the wall made with NC Woodworker and our logo.

M

McRabbet

Okay on the demo -- I am getting a graphic done dor the NCWW Drawing -- should I have a wall banner done that shows our Logo on each end with www.ncwoodworker.net sandwiched in between?

Rob

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
This is the schedule I just sent Coleman

This is the confirmed schedule for Greg on Saturday:
9:30 - 10:30 :: Sharpening Chisels and Plane irons
11:00 - 12:00 :: Tuning and Using Scrapers
1:00 - 2:00 :: Designing in the Arts & Crafts Style
2:30 - 3:30 :: Hand Plane Fundamentals

Friday we are planning:
10:00 - 11:00 3-D scrolling
11:00 - 11:30 Weed pot turning
1:00 - 2:00 Face frames with a Kreg Jig
2:00 - 2:30 Weed pot turning
3:00 - 4:00 Scrolling
If you have a need we can do additional scroll saw and face frame demos on Saturday but with Greg's presentations I doubt they are needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS