Klingspor Show and NCWW Gathering '06

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

McRabbet

Okay, Cathy -- I uploaded some pictures -- see the new Klingspor Extravaganza 2006 category in the Photo Gallery for more pictures, but here are a few:

Monty takes his "Turn" Roger (Sapwood) and Mark (Tarhead) exchange war stories

David Fenton's beatiful coffee table Cathy discussing her Trivets

Chris Mathes turns a pen Some of DaveO's beautiful work

We all sure had fun!

Rob

walnutjerry

Jerry
Senior User
Sounds like everyone had a great time any pictures?

We did have a good day there Jeff!! I finally got to meet a few more of the members and see some of there work that has been shown on the site. The pictures just do no do justice to the examples of their work. I did get to talk to Michael Brown and see his beautiful chairs-----he is a master craftsman.

The food was excellent--------many thanks to Monty, John and any others that worked to put the event together. It was indeed an enjoyable day. We even got to see a lot of toys...........er tools.

Jerry

sapwood

New User
Roger
:5grouphug Hugs and applause :eusa_clap for all who came and mostly for the hard work by Monty, Clay, Steve, John, the Klingspor folks and other "unknown" contributors. The Hickory members did an awesome job of providing fun, food, and a great venue for NCWWers. A wonderful reunion and a few new faces matched up (Gregg, Greybeard, Jerry, April, Chris, et. al.). And it was free!!!!

Hope everyone returned safely. :eusa_pray
BTW WG, when do I get the Krenov plane . . . I bought 3 raffle tickets :lol:

Appreciatively,
Roger

clowman

Clay Lowman
Corporate Member
I had a great time. I do hope that everyone that wanted a turn at the lathe actually got a turn. We had a signup sheet, but it turned out that the lathes were never idle (cept for lunch) and if someone felt like turning they did get to. I think it was a big success, and fun was made by all. I think we got some people that wanted to try get their chance.

woodguy1975

New User
John
:5grouphug Hugs and applause :eusa_clap for all who came and mostly for the hard work by Monty, Clay, Steve, John, the Klingspor folks and other "unknown" contributors. The Hickory members did an awesome job of providing fun, food, and a great venue for NCWWers. A wonderful reunion and a few new faces matched up (Gregg, Greybeard, Jerry, April, Chris, et. al.). And it was free!!!!

Hope everyone returned safely. :eusa_pray
BTW WG, when do I get the Krenov plane . . . I bought 3 raffle tickets :lol:

Appreciatively,
Roger

You'd have to fight for it from the winner of the plane. LOL A very nice woman won the ticket and was present. She was really excited about it and the upcoming classes she signed up for. Folks coming to the finishing class will meet the lucky winner. :)

The show was awsome and I had a great time although wore myself out pretty good. I knew I was getting tired when I was doing my dovetail demo and was seeing two lines. I just sawed down the middle of them. LOL.

The gathering was awsome!!!!!!!! I only got to stick around for about an hour because I was getting a lot of traffic by the class area and had lots of folks asking questions and wanting more info on classes. I did get to stick around and take a seat in Jerry's Windsor's and see Cathy's table-o-scrolling. Everyone's projects looks first rate!!!!!!! I wish I could have mingled around more to get to talk with everyone in person.

Let's give it up for Monty!!!!!!!!! He did an awsome job on the arrangements, pen kits, food, and even dinner friday night. April and I had a great time out to dinner with Monty and his wife and Steve and his wife. I can't remember a better time. I'm glad we decided to go. I was out like a light about 10 minutes after getting home though.

If only we could do this more often. :) I'm up for a gathering in China if anyone wants to come on over. LOL!!!!

I'll process my pics too and get them up soon.

Thanks,

John

clowman

Clay Lowman
Corporate Member
I'll add my 3 cheers for Monty! He had all the details planned out and it all went smooth as silk! All I did was show up! I enjoyed meeting everyone, meeting some again. We have another nice package of pens to send over. I'll be mailing those out later this week.

stoneskippers

New User
John Skipper
Cathy and I had a wonderful time at the get together. It was great meeting all of you again and the one's that were new. Special than to Monty for the food and to everyone else who made it possible for us getting together. I'll try to post the few pictures I have. Again great job.:eusa_danc

dick541

New User
dick cunningham
Rita and I had a great time at the show. Met a lot of the faces to put with the names on this site. Well done Monty and Clay for work you did for the rest of us. I do have a few pictures to post, but this is the best, shame the flash did not work. Just to prove the master can turn a pen.
dick
For some reason the picture did not load.

Last edited:

Monty

New User
Monty
I finally got some pictures uploaded - check the gallery to see them. I got some pics of a few of the pen turners. Several people (myself included) turned their first pen at this event! I also took some pics of the meal time (that was the only time everybody sat still long enough for a pic! :lol: ). I got some pics of the nice projects that Clay, DaveO, DavidF and Cathy brought, as well as some of the pens for the troops. Their craftsmanship was superb. I'm ashamed to say I didn't get any good pics of Walnutjerry's Windsor chairs - they were a pleasure to see and sit in, and attracted a lot of attention. Cathy and DavidF took me up on the offer to take some high-res pics for the Calendar entry - I went ahead and uploaded those pics for them as well.

Ken Couch

New User
Update your profile with your name
I went on Friday. The show was great but I especially enjoyed John's class on free hand router inlay. He made it look so easy I might actually try it my self.
Ken

woodguy1975

New User
John
I've got some pics to upload too. I did get a good pic of Jerry's chairs. I'll have a few pics of my classes that you too up as well. I'll try to get them up tonight.

John

DavidF

New User
David
Can I add my thanks to Monty Et al. for all their hard work in making the meeting such a great success :eusa_clap :eusa_clap. I turned my first ever pen under the expert guidence of Monty and Clay; could be the start of something dangerous....

Lovely to meet the members and put faces to names. Great display of work by WalnutJerry, DaveO, Clay and Cathy.

Thanks Monty for taking the pics.

walnutjerry

Jerry
Senior User
Lovely to meet the members and put faces to names. Great display of work by WalnutJerry, DaveO, Clay and Cathy.

Thanks Monty for taking the pics.

Well thanks for the flowers David-----------However you left a very impressive piece of work out. That was a stunning table by----none other than----------David F!!! So don't be bashful, confess to the guilt of fine craftsmanship:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :) .

Jerry

cskipper

Cathy
David, your table was so stunning. I was trying to describe it to someone at work and couldn't find the words. We aren't allowed to use the internet for personal use - but I may have to cheat to show them!

DavidF

New User
David
David, your table was so stunning. I was trying to describe it to someone at work and couldn't find the words. We aren't allowed to use the internet for personal use - but I may have to cheat to show them!

Wow! Cathy, thanks and this coming from the lady who produced a whole table of fine crafts.

If you are all very good I'll share my current dining room table design:lol: :lol: :lol: for a client.

clowman

Clay Lowman
Corporate Member
If you are all very good I'll share my current dining room table design:lol: :lol: :lol: for a client.

You must be joking David... this group.. ever... turn down a chance to see a picture? :rolf: :rolf:

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
I've added a few pics from the show. One of which is an avi which my wife didn't realize she was taking

SawDustier

New User
Update your profile with your name
I've been out of town, out of touch and even lost my link to this site :crybaby2: so didn't even realize there was a get together planned. I sure was surprised when I got to the show and realized what was going on in that room around the corner. It was great meeting everyone and what a table full of beautiful wood. Great job everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS