Klingspor Extravaganza, The Sign Up Sheet.....in 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
You've seen the ad....

You've read the thread.....

Now, brought to you by the same people who saw the wood, its the....

[MOUSE]
Klingspor Extravaganza Volunteer Sign Up Sheet!
http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/misc.php?do=form&fid=18[/MOUSE]

Ok, I'm done, I promise. Here is the real info from our fearless Events Directory, the one, the only, the man with a plan and a can of spam, ScottM!

---------

Again this year we will have a booth at the Klingspor Extravagana in Hickory, NC. The dates are OCT 30-31. For those who attended in the past we had a blast. North Carolina Woodworker will provide lunch both days. We will need volunteers to man the informational table, assist in selling raffle tickets and doing demo's. In past years we have had demos on scrolling, band saw boxes and pen turning. Now is a great time to show your talents to the world. We will also have space to show off your finished works of art. Rob aka McRabbet and I are co-chairs of the event.

If you can help out this year please indicate day and times you are available and what you would like to demo or how you can help.

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR SUPPORT.

Last edited:
M

McRabbet

Okay, folks, we've got to do lots better to support this event! Only 7 people have sign up so far and we need more people to provide a good showing for NC Woodworker!

First, we need people to provide some examples of their work to put on display. We will have a large booth and we need to show visitors that we are more that just a website. Please post in this thread if you can bring (or loan) some of your woodworking items for display. We really need your help here.

Second, we need people to sign up to perform some demonstrations. We really need someone to demonstrate pen turning or any other turning. Looks like we have scroll sawing covered and I'm going to demonstrate some sharpening with a Worksharp 3000. We will have a portable PA system for demos so your audience can hear you, too!

Third, we always need help in the booth to answer questions about the site, to monitor the display area and for setup and clean-up. Both ScottM and I will be there both days from start to finish, but we'll need help.

Remember, this is a free woodworking show with lots of vendors, an incredible display of woodcarving and much more -- we'd love to have a great turnout.

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Rob I will have a few of my scroll saw pix there and some of my turnings - I plan on being there Sat all day - If you need something for displaying Friday I will be more then glad to send the items on up with someone if I can't make it on Friday

Robert Arrowood

New User
Robert Arrowood
I plan on being up on Sat. also.I can bring a couple turnings.That is if anyone thinks it's any good:dontknow:.I guess I can show people what not to do LOL:gar-La;.

PChristy

New User
Phillip
I plan on being up on Sat. also.I can bring a couple turnings.That is if anyone thinks it's any good:dontknow:.I guess I can show people what not to do LOL:gar-La;.
Uhh Robert I seen this in your gallery

If this is "What not to do" I want you to teach me some of it:icon_thum Nice job bro

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Rob / ScottM:

I'm planning to attend the show in my quest to evaluate router lifts. I'm making a day trip, and I'll be able to assist in the booth for an hour or two before having to head back to the farm.

Not sure which day yet, but will let you know before hand.

Scott S

Jeremy - you need to loan your Maloof rocker to that event, so that we have something comfortable to sit in!

Don Patterson - you need to loan one of those "Shaker on Steroids" tables to the event, so that we have something to eat on!

And what about some of those killer bird houses... cmon folks, let's get some good stuff lined up. I'd bring something, except that most of my efforts have been "working ON the shop" as opposed to working IN the shop, and it might be a bit maudlin to display a dog casket!

Bryan S

Bryan
This is the first year this event has not fallen on my weekend to work since I joined in this forum and I would like to be there Friday afternoon. I cannot commit yet I have 3 test and 2 class assignments due that weekend (why does this happen :dontknow:) If I can get enough of it done Wed. and Thurs. I'll come help with the booth help clean or whatever I can help at. I will not know until the day of but I would love to be there.

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
I can be there for one of the two days. Just let me know which you'd like me to work!

Can't wait to see all the nifty stuff!

Jim

Robert Arrowood

New User
Robert Arrowood
Uhh Robert I seen this in your gallery

If this is "What not to do" I want you to teach me some of it:icon_thum Nice job bro

Thanks Phillip for the praise.But believe it or not That was turned out of Dumpster wood:rotflm:.Wish I could find somemore:gar-Bi.

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Yep, I seen the title of this one in your gallery - I would like to find something like that out of the dumpster wood that I get - my dumpster wood is usually burn pile material:nah:

M

McRabbet

Folks, we need to show that North Carolina Woodworker has a capable group of woodworkers! Thus far, we have demonstrations set up for Scroll Sawing on both Friday and Saturday (Scott Miller is bringing his scrollsaw, I believe) and I am planning to demonstrate the Worksharp 3000 sharpening system for both chisels and plane blades. I will also be bringing my Kreg Jig and will demonstrate the use of pocket screws in making face frames. But with all of the Turners we have on the site, I don't see one that has signed up to demonstrate their work. Here is the Sign-Up link again. We need a member to bring their mini-lathe and for several of you pen turning guys and gals to step forward and show your stuff! If any of you have another skill you'd like to demonstrate, then by all means, please step forward. We have a total of eleven people signed up to help, but only 3 are doing demonstrations. Come on folks, we can do better than that! Two years ago, we had three lathes going and we were giving lessons!

If you need a power tool for your demonstration, please PM me ASAP -- I may be able to get something like a bandsaw from Klingspor, but I need to let them know as early as possible.

We also need members to bring projects for a Project Gallery area in our booth. We have always had very good attendance by show goers and it is a good chance to show off your work -- even for sale!

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
e it is a good chance to show off your work -- even for sale!

Yes folks you. You can display and sell your finished works. You can even take orders. Just as long as we are talking finished woodworking. You can not sell any tools or materials.

M

McRabbet

Okay, folks -- Here are just a few reasons you need to plan to go to the Klingspor Extravaganza!
  • We will have a booth there to support NCWoodworker!
  • There will be some great deals (I have an inside track, believe me!)
    • Rikon 14" Deluxe Bandsaw (under $650; that's about 20% off!)
    • Jet 14" Deluxe Pro Bandsaw (under $700; also about 20% off!)
    • Sorby Turning Tools - 20% off
    • Instant $30 Rebate on any 5" Random Orbit Sander you bring in, plus 10% discount on a new Porter-Cable 390 Series Sander.
    • Freud products at a good discount (I can't tell, sorry!)
    • ... there will be more from vendors such as Festool, SawStop, Kreg, Bosch, Delta, Powermatic, Tormek, Jet, Klingspor and others I haven't mentioned ....
  • You'll see world-class carvings on display, and lots more.
  • It is FREE, with FREE parking and FREE apples!
Did I mention that we still need demonstrators to sign up? Come on all you turners, time to show off the dark side!

Please use the link from the first Post in this thread and sign up!

Last edited by a moderator:

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Hey guys the demo can be anything, craving, restoring old tools, jig making, making picture frames, etc.

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Will there be a booth/demo schedule?

I can make one of the two days, but would like to know which day you'd like me to be there.

Thanks,
Jim

DavidF

New User
David
I will be there on Friday between 09.30 and 16.00. Happy to do a stint in the booth. I have nothing new to bring this year that is small enough.

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
FYI: Travis Porter will be bringing my mini-lathe on Friday and it will remain there through the show. Travis is also bringing a grinder. I will be there saturday and do some pena and bottle stopper turning. I will be bringing my own pen kits, wood sanding supplies, turning tools, polish, glue, etc. but will NOT be leaving any of that there.

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Looks like I'll be three friday, riding in at least one carpool :)

I'll throw a few metal planes in my bag. I can do an anatomy and tuning demo if there are some dead spots.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors