Still another
Lots of simple flowers were made

thumb_DSC05323_10241.jpg

Charlie

Charlie
Corporate Member
Phil,
Thanks for the photos.
What a great time. Traffic didn't stop all day long.

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
Great day. Met some new folks. Coleman thankyou for having us and for the great lunch.

tom.m

Tom
Senior User
My wife and I attended the Grand Opening at Klingspor today as customers, not as NCWW members. A great turnout from club participants and an impressive gathering of the RDU woodworking community. Demos were terrific; we watched Michael's turning session for a long time. Would love to see a pic of the finished cedar bowl. Also wanted to ask questions about the segmented bowls but booth was so busy we never got the chance. Outside looking in, an awesome job from NCWW. Glad I was able to attend and observe.

tri4sale

Daniel
Corporate Member
Made it by the store around 10:30 and was an impressive crowd. Unfortunately they were sold out of the promo Kreg kit I was looking for.

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
Tom.m : Well, I managed to knock the Cedar bowl out of the lathe! Must have been after you left the room. I did put it back on the lathe but had to cut about 1/4 of the length off due to cracks. When I was working on hollowing, the deeper I got, the darker it got in the bowl. Needless to say, I couldn't finish it due to the lack of spot lighting in the bowl. I'll finish it up here at home and post some pics. It was a fun day, but overall, not very productive for me on the lathe.

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
the young lady in the Klingspor hat was Sophie. She waited around to see me polish one of the pen blanks.

Had a great time. Thanks all for letting me participate.

Jim M.

Woody
Corporate Member
Great photos! Thanks to all who represented the club so well and supported our sponsor.

Lowlander

New User
Chris
the young lady in the Klingspor hat was Sophie. She waited around to see me polish one of the pen blanks.

Had a great time. Thanks all for letting me participate.

She and I had a great time! Looks like a small lathe is in her immediate future.

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
She and I had a great time! Looks like a small lathe is in her immediate future.

She said she had $700. I offered her the pen blank and the lathe for $500. Wisely, she declined. LOL!

Maybe the best part of the day was when Pat and I were walking through the parking lot to leave and she and her dad were driving out. Dad rolled down the window so she could wave to us.

tom.m

Tom
Senior User
Tom.m : Well, I managed to knock the Cedar bowl out of the lathe! Must have been after you left the room. I did put it back on the lathe but had to cut about 1/4 of the length off due to cracks. When I was working on hollowing, the deeper I got, the darker it got in the bowl. Needless to say, I couldn't finish it due to the lack of spot lighting in the bowl. I'll finish it up here at home and post some pics. It was a fun day, but overall, not very productive for me on the lathe.

Micheal:
That was a large chunk of cedar you were working on! We enjoyed watching how you utilized various tools, how you used the reverse function on the lathe, how you sanded, etc. For turners and non-turners alike, I thought it was an interesting and educational demonstration. And the aromatic cedar made the work room smell great. Good job and thanks for doing the demo.

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
Thanks Tom! Maybe I came off wrong in my original comments. I had a great day! I may not have finished anything, but I enjoy chatting with people and telling them what I'm doing and why. It was a great day!

David Turner

David
Corporate Member
Great time and great food. Met a lot of really nice people that had a ton of questions about carving. Surprising the number of women that were interested. A lot of them had taken or were going to take lessons so they had questions about types of tools to purchase and what kind of sharpening tools were they going to need.

I am sure that Klinspor was happy with the number of people that showed up for the Grand Opening as it was a great turn out.

David Turner
North Raleigh

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
It was another wonderful outing. My hat is off to Coleman and Paul who hosted. To Phil for herding cats to get us all there. To all who attended as workers or visitors. It was great day which I topped off by going to Carter Finley and watching the Pack win. Go PACK and NCWW!!!!

woodworkingshop.com

Coleman
User
NCWWR.NET Folks,

My hat is off to you for absolutely knocking it out of the park at our Klingspor's Woodworking Shop of Cary Grand Opening Celebration!

We were very pleased with the attendance and participation from your club and other non-profit clubs in the area as well as some dedicated vendors. It takes all of us to make this happen. My hopes were that many new folks got bit by the turning pen bug or the "I have got to have that smell of cedar in my shop thing" right Matthew? Charlie, your work is UNBELIEVABLE and I am proud to say it was shown in our store. I can't imagine how many times you heard, How'd you do that? throughout the day. Phil, the flowers were a huge hit as well. Anyway, thank you to ALL that came and played for the day.

When I figure out how to load pictures I have some crowd shots that you may enjoy.

Finally, the neighborhood thanked us as well for the day as the DRAFTHOUSE had their biggest Saturday EVER so thank you again for all you guys do for the art/hobby/skill of woodworking and now the community of CARY.

Coleman Fourshee
Klingspor's Woodworking Shop

Charlie

Charlie
Corporate Member
Coleman,
Thanks to you for making this event to possible. It was a great time for everyone.

JohnnyR

John
Corporate Member
Coleman, Paul, et al, it was a privilege given all that you've done to support us. Thanks again. Will probably add some new faces to this site.

NCGrimbo

NCGrimbo
Corporate Member
I went and thought the event was coordinated well and it was nice to see all the demo from vendors. Coleman and crew did an excellent job!!!

My only complaint was that the layout for the NCWoodworkers.net room was overcrowded. I think that the table set up in the middle of the room took up to much room and when I came by, I couldn't get into the room to see everything due to the number of people in there. Maybe all of the tables could have been lined up next to each other along the walls, with space behind them for our members, and pushed edge to edge and have the center area of the room freed up for people to roam around.

But on a bright note, the crowd in the room seemed to be enjoying the demos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors