KINGFEST October 6 OUTREACH ** Signup **

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barry W

Co-Director of Outreach
Barry
Corporate Member
Neal, approximately what time will you have the trailer at Central Park, Friday?

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
I can be there around 5, but Berta indicated that setup would be Saturday morning. I am fine with either. Do we have a reserved location where we can connect to electricity?

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
I can be there around 5, but Berta indicated that setup would be Saturday morning. I am fine with either. Do we have a reserved location where we can connect to electricity?
You can drop the trailer whenever you choose. You do NOT have to set up by yourself!

Barry W

Co-Director of Outreach
Barry
Corporate Member

​Last year we did basic setup on Friday afternoon. I was going on the assumption (you know, never assume. . . ) we would follow the same schedule this year. We were placed near the restrooms at the last Kingfest and had sufficient power nearby. The Kingfest manager, I don't recall her name, can confirm the location. Because of the heavy traffic Saturday morning, it will be best to park the trailer Friday.

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
Barry and Neal there is no reason to set up on Fri. I will be there around 8ish Sat am.We can set up then. Folks we still can use some more help on Sat. Love to see some new faces here and at the Extravaganza.

Last edited by a moderator:

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
Chuck and I will be leaving around 6am. We SHOULD be there by 8. We are old and will need to stop at least once.

bowman

Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
We will be set up at the cabin section of Central Park, between the cabins and rest rooms. This is the first entrance on Kirby Road, and parking will be restricted to one vehicle for each group of exhibitors/vendors. General parking will be at the second entrance, and they will have gators to shuttle people between the lots.

I'll have the trailer there Friday afternoon (thanks for that info Barry!), and I will be there around 7:30. Kingfest is open between 10-5 on Saturday. The current weather forecast is calling for 80 degrees with a 40% chance of rain. Showers early and scattered thunderstorms later in the day.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Central+Park,+King,+NC+27021/@36.2744618,-80.3544892,455m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x88524c71d1a2aa5f:0x7a69a252abd16e98!8m2!3d36.2766914!4d-80.3552507!5m1!1e3

Last edited:

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
Yes that is the same spot we had last time. Neal is there still a tongue lock in the trailer so you can lock it over night? If not we need Ken to pick one up.

bowman

Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
Yes, there is a tongue lock, plus King PD will have an officer present overnight.

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
I can't prove that this event took place in any manner other than I am bone-tired, dehydrated, and feel good that so many kids went home with items they made.

bowman

Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
I got your proof Raymond! Before we had gotten fully setup, we started having kids ask when we would be ready. (We tried the whistles, but was not able to provide a suitable turnaround with the lines starting to form. Will put more details in the other thread...)

All 3 lathes in action!
attachment.php

Raymond assisting a young man creating his light saber!
attachment.php

Golfdad (Dirk) assisting another saber creator!
attachment.php

The third lathe was setup with smaller jaws for key fobs, these went over great!
attachment.php

From this point forward, there was a constant line of kids and parents waiting for a turn at the lathe. Other than taking a few minutes to grab a sandwich for lunch, I did not get to sit down until we finished breaking down at the end of the day.

Attachments

• DSCN1936.jpg
    DSCN1936.jpg
    477.7 KB · Views: 210
  • DSCN1937.jpg
    DSCN1937.jpg
    449.7 KB · Views: 205
  • DSCN1938.jpg
    DSCN1938.jpg
    434.5 KB · Views: 205
  • DSCN1939.jpg
    DSCN1939.jpg
    365.6 KB · Views: 210
Last edited:

Barry W

Co-Director of Outreach
Barry
Corporate Member
Wow! As the old adage goes, "A good time was had by all!" I am happy that this Outreach Event went so well, but am sorry I couldn't be a participant.

Last edited:

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

I also grabbed a bed a couple of pictures

Attachments

• 2B4E7F5F-78C2-455F-892B-0DF40AC2802F.jpeg
    2B4E7F5F-78C2-455F-892B-0DF40AC2802F.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 190
  • 23C0A35B-DA48-4A83-9A7B-A722EA15F7D5.jpeg
    23C0A35B-DA48-4A83-9A7B-A722EA15F7D5.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 199
  • FEAB718D-A15C-46B3-B198-1DB235E332BF.jpeg
    FEAB718D-A15C-46B3-B198-1DB235E332BF.jpeg
    919.6 KB · Views: 196

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
Good times yesterday. We stayed busy all day. Im glad someone took pics to prove this happend because I forgot to

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS