King Of Procrastinators

Status
Not open for further replies.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
That title is now claimed by me! I thought I had introduced myself at some dim point in NCWW history, but I must have been waiting for "just the right time."
Anyhow, I've been woodworking since I was a boy of single digit age. My father had set up a nice woodshop after I was born, and I just naturally took to playing with his toys. I was born and raised in Chautauqua County, Western New York State, which is situated the furthest southwest county in the state, 450+ miles west from New York City. It is predominately an agricultural area being one of the larger milk producing areas, or was. Over the years I was engaged in many occupations, farming, sawmilling, trucking, and for quite a few years I had a farm supply business. I also operated a saw sharpening service until 2004, when we moved to Newton. I've been driving heavy trucks since about 1969--for many years part-time, helping friends move milk and gravel, before making it a full time avocation. My interests in woodworking covered a wide area from home building and remodelling, to making furniture. My shop is 24x24 and is fairly well equipped. Wanting to make a nice clock for my daughter's wedding gift, I became strongly addicted to using my scroll saw, which has led to making many clocks, Crosses, ornaments, etc. Most of my lumber comes from a sawmill in the mountains. I air dry it and then process all the wood I use for my projects. Being an old farm boy, I also love antique equipment, and collect and restore neglected, abused, and discarded tractors. There are about 12 residing in the barn now in various states. My wife and I live humbly, in a modular home, in the woods at the end of a dirt road. We always welcome visitors.:XXcompute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS