Kids' High Chair

SabertoothBunny

SabertoothBunny
Corporate Member
So my nephew recently became a daddy. I would like to make a high chair that will be durable and last akin to the one I had when my kids were little and needed a high chair. The photo is the style of high chair I am talking about, the tray folds up and over the kid and have go behind the chair. Solid wood and joinery that will endure the abuse kids put on things. The plans do not need to be turnable items on the lathe.

What I need help with, first of all, is does anyone have any high chair plans like this or know where to find one? Basic searches are not proving to be very useful through google and duckduckgo. All of the plans are the generic ones where you slide the kid up to the table which I don't want that design. I may even settle for a design where the tray fold up to the side and back down to get the little one in and out of the chair but that design is a distant second (second photo). Can anyone help me or point me in the right direction for plans?

1659108891267.png
1659109241791.png

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
Woodworker’s Journal August 2004. Intarsia backed high chair. It uses option 2 for the tray. You can skip the intarsia idea and make a regular panel for the back.
I will see what else I can find.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Woodsmith, issue 57. I have the plans if you need them. Flat legs, removable tray, hardware from Rockler, along with Conformat screws. Screws makes chair so it can be stored in the flat. I have built several, starting with Grand Daughter who is now a mother.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS