Kids Appreciation/ Terrific Kids Day - Holly Springs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leviblue

Kevin
Corporate Member
The Kiwanis of Holly Springs are planning this year's annual Kids Day event. I'd liken to invite the NC Woodworkers to this great event. It will be held on May 9th, 11 to 3 at Sugg Farm. This is the same location as the last three years.
Last year we had approximately 1200 to 1300 kids come to the event. Total attendance exceeded 3700 people.

I hope this will be another great year this group attends. Each year has been an exciting time for the kids that attend.

Let me know if you have any questions.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Having worked this event a few times in the past, I can say that it is a very great venue for the kids to learn something about woodworking. The kids and their parents have always been very appreciative of our efforts at the event. Let's get some volunteers to help out for this worth cause.

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
Kevin I will be in touch. Thanks for asking us again after we let you down last year

Leviblue

Kevin
Corporate Member
So we've started promoting the Kids Appreciation Day event, and I've got to share this with this group. The kid's and parents that have responded are excited and asking if the "wood turning group" will be back this year.
Several have shared their memories of their first experience in working with a machine and wood. The parents were very complimentary on how patient and helpful the members were with the kids.
One kid shared this, and I've paraphrased it as his excitement was apparent;

"I wanted to see what was happening with the machines by the trailer. I had my mom and dad go with me. I saw that kids my age were making stuff with wood and a machine. One of the people in the tent asked if I wanted to try making a light saber. I said yes, can I and I made one. I still have it in my room and Star Wars is one of my favorite movies. I want to make something else the next time I go."

When I told the kid I remember when the first Star Wars movie came out about 40 years ago, I got this strange look. Any way, the kids are looking forward to the NCWW's participation and this is only one example of the excitement and impact this group has on the Kiwanis event. The outreach program with NCWW pairs well with the Kiwanis mission statement: Kiwanis is a global organization of volunteers dedicated to making a positive impact in the world one child and one community at a time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS