Kiawanis Kids Aprreciation Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
Folks we have beenreinvited to the Kids Appreciation DayIn Holly Springs,Nc for I belive the 4th year. This is a huge event for the kids and some of the parents even in the SE Raleigh area and a great honor for us to be Invited back. Last year we sort of let them down as we only had 3 of us there to volunteer which is impossible with the amount of kids that attend. I would love to redeem ourselves with a good showing this year. THis event will beon May 5th from 11-3 inHolly Springs. Please respond to this post if you are able to come out and help us out. We would love to have some of you new members come out as well and get a taste for our great Outreach Program. :eusa_danc

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
What are the activities/functions that are needed?

We make a lot of light sabers which are turned on a lathe. If you're not familiar with turning it can be taught in about 15 minutes. If a 6 year old can make one, we can teach you how to do it easily using the Easy Wood Tools. We also make some of the peg games that are popular at Cracker Barrel and other simple projects that kids can easily accomplish.

It is a great venue and we've had a great turnout of kids and their parents wanting for them to learn things in the past.

I really feel we make a significant inroad to providing an interest in woodworking both for the kids and their parents at this event. You don't need to be an expert at anything to help us help the kids at this event. We'll find an appropriate thing for you to help us do if you just arrive and are willing to help.

This is one of our shorter events, only 4-5 hours but very intense as we stay very busy the whole time. Help us help the kids.

drw

Donn
Corporate Member
Dirk, I'll be glad to help! Sorry I was unable to assist last year; from past experience I know this event requires a lot of help.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
I truly hope you have a good turn out for this event. It's events like this that make our internet based group different from all other woodworking groups on the web. We make a big difference in the Carolinas. I just hope we can get enough interest among the NCWW members in the Hickory Unifour area and all of Western NC to be able to do the same type of outreach. Wishing you all great success in your Kiwanis Kids Day outreach project!

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
Thanks Bruce....and to all those who have said they will help. Hope you can get an Outreach Event or 2 up your way this year

Last edited:

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
I will plan to be there from 11 to 3. Sorry for the limited time, I am not trying to get out of setup or breakdown, but I have limited nursing availability on Saturday.

Barry W

Co-Director of Outreach
Barry
Corporate Member
[FONT=&quot]I'll be there and may be able to drag a few from my area along with me. We're always so appreciative of those who travl north to help with the Stokes Stomp, Kingfest, etc. Now . . . . .let's see, I've got to look Holly Springs up on Google Maps. Surely, it's not near Hollywood.[/FONT]:confused:[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
COMMENT
Dirk
Mel
Steve
Chuck
Berta
Donn
Phil
Barry

Last edited:
Status