Kiawanis Kids Appreciation Day May 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
Reminding everyone:

Folks we have beenreinvited to the Kids Appreciation DayIn HollySprings,Nc for I belive the 4th year. This is a huge event for the kids and some of the parents even in the SE Raleigh area and a great honor for us to be Invited back. Last year we sort of let them down as we only had 3 of us there to volunteer which is impossible with the amount of kids that attend. I would love to redeem ourselves with a good showing this year. THis event will beon May 5th from 11-3 inHolly Springs. Please respond to this post if you are able to come out and help us out. We would love to have some of you new members come out as well and get a taste for our great Outreach Program. :eusa_danc

The people who have volunteered are:

Golfdad
melinapex
Bear republic
chuck
berta
DRW
Phil S
Barry W
Charlie

Last edited:

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Wish this event weren't so far from me, it is a great time to help someone else to learn something about woodworking, and maybe start a child or two on the path to woodworking. There is nothing more gratifying to one's soul than to watch the happy smiles and look of wonder, on the face of a child you just helped to create something they will cherish for a long time. Remember, in today's culture, young folks aren't exposed to creating things, but rather spend most of their free time playing on the computer. It's a fantastic chance to make a difference in the life of a child, and at the same time showing the world the type of people we NCWW'ers are. So if you want to make a difference in your community and the world, be there!

Barry W

Co-Director of Outreach
Barry
Corporate Member
I'm planning to be there and may bring a surprise guest. No, not Roy Underhill.:)

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
THanksto everyone who is coming out. We always have roomfor more. Would love to have some new members come out an look around to see how much fun wedo have on a Saturday afternoon.

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
Thanks to all who have agreed to come out to a great event. WE would love to have some new members come out and visit.....or step in to help...or just watch. Thanks again to all

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
I'm planning to be there and may bring a surprise guest. No, not Roy Underhill.:)

If it's Punxsutawney Phil, may I request someone make a special light saber and use it on him?

Leviblue

Kevin
Corporate Member
Just checking in with the group. We've completed the layout and have assigned the NCWW group a spot for May 5. Looking forward to seeing the Outreach Trailer and fellow woodworkers.

Bear Republic

Steve
Corporate Member
Just let me know where to park, what to bring, and I'll be there with sawdust on! I'm a little limited walking with my knee at the moment but I should be able to do what ever you need.

Leviblue

Kevin
Corporate Member
We finalized the layout for The 16th Annual Kiwanis Kids Appreciation Day. The NC Woodworkers have a 10x20 space. Looking forward to seeing the group Saturday!
The kids are going to be so excited to visit with this great group again.
Reminder, the event start a at 11am, arrival for setup starts at 9:00am. Participants are asked to be ready by 10:45am.
It's forecasted to be a very nice day!

Melinapex

Mark
Corporate Member
Do you need us there before 11 ? Haven't done this before so I don't know if we need time to set things up or if that's all figured in to the arrival time....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS