Kayak build blog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary K

New User
Gary
Some time ago I posted pictures of the kayak I built on the Wood Magazine site. Not long after that I got a email from Marlen Kemmet Managing Editor of Wood Magazine asking me to call him. He asked if I had pictures of the build process, I told him only a few but I am about to start another with my daughter. He asked me to blog the process over on the Wood site, he thought many people over there would be interested. Here is a link to the first entry.
http://www.woodmagazine.com/dgroups...7f49a&userId=15f21284f65bcbc494a560e0bb87f49a
If there is interest I would be happy to post a thread here on our progress.

sediener

New User
Steve
I really want to build one and would love to see the process and any tips before I jump in. So yes, I'm interested.

thanks,

dino drosas

Dino
Corporate Member
I also would be very interested in following along. I have been thinking about building an ocean kayak for some time now and this may possibly put me over the edge.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
If there is interest I would be happy to post a thread here on our progress.

Oh yes there is. I may never get around to making something like that, but I would find the process fascinating. I also find it very cool that you are building it with you daughter, and she is helping. I believe that she will be one proud young lady when it is all finished.

Dave:)

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Gary, you could post this as an ongoing tutorial in the how to forum. We would follow it with great interest.

thrt15nc

New User
Tom
Sounds great!!! Can't wait. I've always thought about building one. Maybe this will either make or break my decision.

Tom S.

gfernandez

Gonzalo
Corporate Member
After watching the canoe building demonstration at Klingspor's last month, I am starting to gather information to begin a canoe building project in the next few months. If there is anyone in the raleigh/cary area interested, let me know as it would be fun to get more people on board.

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
I built a cedar stripper canoe many years ago and it was a really fun project. I would like to build a kayak someday too. It will be nice to see the build process again. I can't wait. What design are you making?

Did Marlen offer any $? I hate to sound mercenary, but seems like more and more of the WW magazines are getting stuff- blogs (which are essentially how to build articles), tips, etc., from folks for free when they used to pay for this stuff in the past. The mags, after all, are in it for the money. When you look at the amount you spend on materials and the amount of time you spend building, photographing, and describing the process, it sure would be nice if Wood would throw some bucks your way!

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
I have built two kayaks and four canoes but it was in my distant past. A will enjoy watching your build thread. Thank you for doing this - you are reigniting my urge to do another

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS