JSRWWing Maloof Rocker Class Number 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodguy1975

New User
John
class4complete2-small.jpg

Here they are Justin, Brett (AT-4),and Barry. They all did a great job. Their chairs rocker great and look just as good.

Here are a couple action photos....

brett-barryclass4.jpg

justinclass4.jpg

justinrikon.jpg

barryswithmaple.jpg

Now taking enrollment for the next rocker class. Class starts on 9-30 and 10-1....

Thanks,

John

Last edited:

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Hey - I'd love to take this class if the schedule permits. How much does it cost and where is it located? Also, what would a person need to have (in the way of skills and tools) to take the class (& be successful)?

woodguy1975

New User
John
Hey - I'd love to take this class if the schedule permits. How much does it cost and where is it located? Also, what would a person need to have (in the way of skills and tools) to take the class (& be successful)?

The classes are held in my shop in Hickory. It takes 3 weekends that are pretty flexible We can shift weekends to meet schedules as I don't schedule in front of rocker classes. The first weekend is set though :). Tuition is $450 (NCwwer discount price) and you'll need 70 bdft of 8/4 walnut or mahogany that runs about $350. For tools you need a carving chisel, No. 49 rasp, saw rasp, and angle grinder with sanding disk.

For skills nearly none required. Most of my students have very little wwing experience.

Thanks,

John

michaelgarner

New User
Michael
John,
Once again friend your guidance has led to some great work for you students. I look forward to taking your rocker class sometime when I'm not deployed. I have to save my nickles for the wood and tuition. Be blessed friend.

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Tuition is $450 (NCwwer discount price) and you'll need 70 bdft of 8/4 walnut or mahogany that runs about $350. For tools you need a carving chisel, No. 49 rasp, saw rasp, and angle grinder with sanding disk.

Thanks for the details. I'll have to save some more money before I can pull that off, but definately want to do this one of these days. How many times per year do you offer the class?

woodguy1975

New User
John
Thanks for the details. I'll have to save some more money before I can pull that off, but definately want to do this one of these days. How many times per year do you offer the class?

I'll run 4-6 classes a year at 4 students per class.

Be sure to drop by the Extravaganza. I'll be giving some free previews about how it is done.

John

Monty

New User
Monty
Great work, guys! I like the look of all those spindles - I know that's a lot of work! Shaping seven (really eight) spindles and getting them all to look uniform is no small task. It'll be interesting to see how that 'pin striping' turns out on Barry's chair, too. I am always impressed by how unique and personal each chair is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors