JSR Woodworking - Cabinetmaking class

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodguy1975

New User
John
Hey guys and gals...

I've reopened the school for a rocker class and am considering running a cabinetmaking class. Here are the details.

Class Size - 4
Class Duration - Saturday-Sunday 8-5pm
Class Dates: TBD
Class Cost - $250
Class Location - Hickory, NC

During this two day class you will make a standard face frame style upper kitchen cabinet and door as your project

Material Covered

• Basic Kitchen Design - Work Triangle etc
  • Standard Cabinet Dimensions
  • Drawer slides 101
  • Choosing your wood - Difference between ordinary and extraordinary
  • Basic Cabinet Design - hidden mounting system
  • Jointery methods
Door Construction

• Door Construction Basics and Pitfalls
  • Raised Panel basics
  • Hardware - Choosing the right hinge and mounting it. (Sourcing)
Installation 101
Basic FAQs

As always bring as many questions as you can come up with and we'll get them answered.

I'm looking for a class size of 4. If you are interested please respond mention any black out dates for the class schedule.

Thanks,

John

chris99z71

New User
Chris
I can personally vouch for the quality of this class! John's technique for making cabinets is simple and rock solid. Totally worth the time+$ if you've ever wanted to make a cabinet.

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Depending on the time of year, I may have an interest. Depends on my woodworking budget then! (yes, I have a budget)

Travis

New User
Travis
Great to hear the school is open for business. I certainly enjoyed all the classes I took and learned a lot as well. I would love to see you teach on on the use of chiesels and handplans. I feel like someone with expereince guiding through this process with a student would be greatly beneficial over the trial and error method I have been trying.

PeteQuad

New User
Peter
Nice, a school within striking distance with hours I can actually make! I would be interested in any classes you end up having. Unfortunately, with all the tool purchases lately, and the decision to go to IWF (more $$ for hotels and tools), it will probably be towards the end of this year into next that I would be able to afford it again.

But please keep us in the loop as you decide to offer classes. :wsmile:

M

McRabbet

I can vouch for the merits of this class -- I took it 2 years ago and it is a very good session. John's methods are excellent and his teaching's pretty good, too! Well worth the money!

woodguy1975

New User
John
Nice, a school within striking distance with hours I can actually make! I would be interested in any classes you end up having. Unfortunately, with all the tool purchases lately, and the decision to go to IWF (more $$ for hotels and tools), it will probably be towards the end of this year into next that I would be able to afford it again.

But please keep us in the loop as you decide to offer classes. :wsmile:

I'd like to run this class sometime in October or early November. This will probably be the only other class offered as I'm preparing my house for sale now. Given the market conditions I know it will take a while to sell, but I hope by next year to have sold the house and began construction of the new JSRWoodworking. :)

Thanks,

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors