Jointer blade replacement

scrollski

New User
Jim
I have a older Delta 6" tabletop jointer that I tried to replace the blades. The hex screws are so tight I can not loosen them. I might of stripped one. Does anyone know where I can take the jointer to have the screws loosened/removed?

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
I have a older Delta 6" tabletop jointer that I tried to replace the blades. The hex screws are so tight I can not loosen them. I might of stripped one. Does anyone know where I can take the jointer to have the screws loosened/removed?
Bring it to me one evening this week. No guarantee but I'm close by.

scrollski

New User
Jim
Thanks Fred. What's your address? Also tomorrow (Wednesday evening) sound good? I was over your place with sawduster many years ago.

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
I have had fair luck hitting the screws with a bit of penetrating fluid, and coming back a while later and using my impact driver with a new snug fitting bit. Had to do that the first time I changed knives on my DeWalt DW734 thickness planer.

awldune

Sam
User
It is likely that your jointer knives are attached with lefthanded screws. That is, righty-loosey. This is the case on my 6'' Delta benchtop jointer.

BKHam

Bradley
User
i had to grind down the sides a 10 mm wrench years ago to make it thin enough to really get a good grip. +1 on what awldune said, make sure you are turning the correct way. most are tightened by actaully loosening the screw from the knife holder, if that makes sense. or....time to upgrade a shelix.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS