Jointer Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
:rolf: Good one Rick. I must admit though.........I don't think I am strong enough to ever make it past step #4.

D L

P

PrplHrtJarHead

After reviewing the Woodguy Disease 12 step program, I have decided that I will forego my weekly libation :drunken_s, however, I do not have a problem with tools, I don't have any problems at all :eusa_snoo, everyone else just needs to lighten up. :-x It's just a couple of tools, come on! :evil:

Monty

New User
Monty
One of the WW mags recently did a review of 8" jointers... wish I could remember which one. I do remember that the Griz 8" came out smelling like a rose!

DaveO

New User
DaveO
That Griz jointer is like top notch crack to a tool junky, please some of us are trying to control tool spending....

NOT:lol: :lol: :lol:

Dave:)

P

PrplHrtJarHead

DaveO said:
That Griz jointer is like top notch crack to a tool junky, please some of us are trying to control tool spending....
NOT:lol: :lol: :lol:

Dave:)

I think I am gonna go for the Griz 8" Joiner, a Griz 10" TS (don't know which yet, it's a later upgrade) and Griz 14" Band Saw.

The rest of the tools, well I have some good basics but as for the big ticket tools, I figured I should follow everyones advice and go for the best I can afford. Granted, these will be slow in coming, mostly because I have to build my shop first (coming next summer).

Dave, you're right though, crack (read as Grizzly Tools), absolutley addictive stuff. And if you wanna good buzz, go for the best!

Oh well, to dream;-)

M

McRabbet

PrplHrtJarHead said:
Anyone care to opine on this little honey?

I may be close in the price haggle with LOML. Fingers are crossed.

This may help your haggling -- the 8" Grizzly G0500 was selected Best Overall in the November/December 2005 Fine Woodworking review of 8" jointers (see pp 67-73)found here and it is the same basic unit with four knives for $120 less. If you can swing the Spiral Cutterhead version, you'll be in WGD Heaven with a real gem. FWW rated the Yorkcraft YC-8J as best value at $650 in 8" units.

P

PrplHrtJarHead

McRabbet said:
This may help your haggling -- the 8" Grizzly G0500 was selected Best Overall in the November/December 2005 Fine Woodworking review of 8" jointers (see pp 67-73)found here and it is the same basic unit with four knives for $120 less. If you can swing the Spiral Cutterhead version, you'll be in WGD Heaven with a real gem. FWW rated the Yorkcraft YC-8J as best value at $650 in 8" units.

OOOooooooohhhhhh!!!8-O Thanks for sharing.:icon_thum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS