Joiner Table Adjustments

Status
Not open for further replies.

jstevens62

New User
Jim Stevens
Hi All,

I was given a 6" Central Machinery joiner and I am trying to get the 2 tables level to each other. When I put a straight edge to the 2 tables, the out feed table is fine, but the back of the in feed table (right before the cutter blades) has a gap that disappears as you get to the front. Have not been able to find any adjustment screws, am I missing something? :BangHead: Or is this not adjustable and the reason why it was given to me? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks !!!!

Jim

chris99z71

New User
Chris
Hey Jim.
I'm far from an expert on this but if I had to guess I'd say that there's some foreign matter in your infeed table slide mechanism. Granted this is based on what folks here have suggested to others in the past-but on the bright side, it's a free fix!

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Get a copy of John White's book "Care and Repair of Shop Machines." It is probably one of the best books on fixing problems with least amount of cash leaving your hands. John is manager of Fine Woodworking's shop. Book cost less than $20.00

lwhughes149

New User
Lorraine
Great news this morning. Between my mentor Larry and myself my jointer is lined up and running true. The gibs that are preadjusted at the factory were out of line, dropping infeed and outfeed. Here I thought it was my technique. Had to have Larry run it for him to see that I wasn't the problem. Just goes to show how important a perfect set-up can be. I was also able to line up the fence on the tablesaw so it is true. Thanks guys for the help. Lorraine:eusa_danc :eusa_clap :drunken_s :-D :eusa_whis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS