Join us at the AAW Symposium in Raleigh July 11 - 14 Updated 7/5

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Sign up here to join us at the American Association of Woodturners (AAW) 33rd International Symposium Raleigh Convention Center
July 11 - 14.
This is a BIG show and we have two booths - A HUGE thanks to Klingspor

We will have two lathes and multiple table displays - Charlie will be displaying and discussing his fantastic segmented turnings
One of the lathes will for our premier turners to demo their skills
The second lathe will be for making our give-away angel necklaces - Made from a 1/2" dowel and absolutely simple to turn, they take less than five minutes and I am happy to teach any of our members. I have made an inventory of about 50, I suspect we will need a bunch more.

View attachment AAW Angel necklace.jpg

The booth duties are split up into six functions:
Lathe 1 - Angel turning
Lathe 2 - Turning demos and more angels if needed
Table display - Display and discussion of various turning projects - Rest up Charlie, you will be busy
Project Helper - Just another name for gopher - very important
Greeter 1 - For all you talkers, telling folks who we are and what we do
Greeter 2

The above tasks are broken up into 2 hour time slots. Over the four days including 7/11setup, there are 87 task slots to be filled
60 slots are already filled - We need the last 27 filed by you

There is no cost to participate (well maybe parking) and all that sign up for at least two slots will get an NCWW shirt. Our booth is on the trade floor within the Klingspor complex and is open to the public all three show days.

For those that want to see some of the pro demos, we will have a pass or two for those. We will do some sort of lotto drawing for our volunteers, more on that later.

Take a look at the spreadsheet below, pick a couple of time slots and respond here.

Last edited:

Stuart Kent

Stuart
Senior User
I'll be there throughout the event, demonstrating and working at the North Carolina Furniture School/Easy Wood Tools booth. I will be sure to send folks over to see you guys.

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
you missed me......I can greet Sat and Sun if needed.

Last edited:

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
Spoke to soon. Sun I cant be there until after noon sometime but I will be there for tear down

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
I just updated the spreadsheet with these new request, please check if I got it right

We still have some open slots

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS