Johnny Walker new "Bottle"

danmart77

Dan
Corporate Member
Not to hijack this thread, but since we are talking about Johnny Walker, my typical buy is JW Black...but, years ago my son and I were in the liquor store at Camp Lejune where he pointed out a bottle of JW "Blue" and asked if I had every tried it; at $140.00 a bottle my answer was "no"! That said, since he was leaving for Afghanistan the next day, I told him when he returned I would buy a bottle and we would celebrate. Fast forward 8 months, I purchased a bottle and along with my son-in-law we did some taste testing. Each of us had a glass of both Black and Blue. I really thought that I would not be able to detect much of a difference, after all I have been know for my inability to detect sour milk. That said, I was amazed but there was a BIG difference...the smoothness of Blue is unbelievable. My typical purchase remains Black, but I have purchased Blue in celebration of his safe return from other deployments.
Funny thing Donn but my tastes with blended whiskey is like my tastes with maple syrup: I like the "B" grade syrup and I still like JW Red better than black. I don't favor smooth .. I like the bite.

Reactions: drw

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
I am a single malt scotch guy myself but I do enjoy a taste of bourbon from time to time.

Reactions: drw

Jeff

New User
Jeff
Jeff, many other plastic items are deadly, blasted soda can rings kill many turtles, anything that looks like food gets ingested, or entangled. There is a huge gyre in the ocean, whirlpool, bigger than Conneticut with millions of pounds of plastic that we and other countries are trying to figure out how best to clean up. They have found micro plastic waste at the bottom of the Marianna Trench, over 30,000 ft deep. Tis truly a major problem

Gotcha. Lots of plastic trash gets thrown overboard from ships instead of being recycled. That's a problem!

Roy G

Roy
Senior User
Whatever reason they are talking about wood bottles, NC is already losing forests for conversion to wood chips to ship off to Europe for power generation. They are claiming this is use of sustainable fuel, but NC is losing a lot of forests now and need years for re-growth. And glass is silica, which is sand, so not in any short supply.

Roy G

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
And glass is silica, which is sand, so not in any short supply.
Actually, sand is becoming quite scarce. It's used not only for glass but also construction, and we're consuming it faster than we can produce.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS