Job search help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeH

New User
Mike
I wanted to reach out and ask for help from my NCWW family. I have not been as active this past year or two as I have in the past. Members that have been around a while know who I am and there are many that don't know me. I am in the job market as of last Friday. Things just didn't work out the way I would have liked to in this past position and we parted ways.

My background is in IT and I've been in it for going on 16 1/2 years. The past year I was an implementation project manager for a payment processing company, but I would like to get back into the hands on side of IT or move into an infrastructure project manager role. I live in the Charlotte area and would like to stay here because my daughter is here. I would greatly appreciate any leads or help you can offer. If you will PM me I can either provide my email address to you or you can just tell me where to send my resume if you would like to see it.

Thanks in advance for your help!

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
I wanted to reach out and ask for help from my NCWW family. I have not been as active this past year or two as I have in the past. Members that have been around a while know who I am and there are many that don't know me. I am in the job market as of last Friday. Things just didn't work out the way I would have liked to in this past position and we parted ways.

My background is in IT and I've been in it for going on 16 1/2 years. The past year I was an implementation project manager for a payment processing company, but I would like to get back into the hands on side of IT or move into an infrastructure project manager role. I live in the Charlotte area and would like to stay here because my daughter is here. I would greatly appreciate any leads or help you can offer. If you will PM me I can either provide my email address to you or you can just tell me where to send my resume if you would like to see it.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Mike sorry to hear... I'm kind of the same job as you are. I've been with the same company for the last 17 years and just survived another round of layoffs. Something has simply got to change with the economy and Visa's or we (IT guys) will all be sleeping in tents :(

I would recommend the company I work for (name withheld intentionally) but like I said they just went through a round of layoffs.

I feel for you brother and good luck with the job search my friend.

Grimmy2016

Administrator
Scott
Hey Mike,

I am a certified IT (Infrastructure, Apps, Mergers and Acquisitions) Project manager and I use INDEED.com and Glassdoor to find work. There is a lot of openings in Charlotte. I get calls and emails almost everyday. I dont know what your certs are or skills but I would suggest these two sits and setup agents to report back daily. Assuming you havent already of course if you have ignore me.

If you want to PM your personal email I can forward any emails I get.

Scott

Ralrick

New User
Rick
Mike -

I work for SAS here is Raleigh - do you by chance have any skills in the area of SAS System Administration? One of my customers, Duke Energy, is looking for a SAS Sys Admin in the Charlotte area if you have this type of skill. I'd be happy to connect you with the right people if you do.

Rick

SubGuy

Administrator
Zach
DOD is currently upsizing their IT departments. Go to USAJOBS. Be forewarned, it takes awhile to get hired on. It's best to get these jobs while you already have one. Also, DOD contractors are always looking for similar.

unimog

New User
CHO
If you haven't done it, create your profile on linkedin and start networking with ex colleague and people you met at your previous job. They may give you lead on open position.
Also more and more HRs and recruiters run search on it to screen candidates for open positions.
I was told that this is the millennial system to find jobs and we have to adapt.

MikeH

New User
Mike
Mike -

I work for SAS here is Raleigh - do you by chance have any skills in the area of SAS System Administration? One of my customers, Duke Energy, is looking for a SAS Sys Admin in the Charlotte area if you have this type of skill. I'd be happy to connect you with the right people if you do.

Rick

Rick,
Sorry for the delay. I don't have any SAS experience.

Mike

MikeH

New User
Mike
If you haven't done it, create your profile on linkedin and start networking with ex colleague and people you met at your previous job. They may give you lead on open position.
Also more and more HRs and recruiters run search on it to screen candidates for open positions.
I was told that this is the millennial system to find jobs and we have to adapt.

CHO,
I've been on Linkedin for several years, but I haven't had any luck with jobs yet. I will keep trying. I will take any help I can get.

Thanks,
Mike

Deacon303

New User
Erin
Dice.com is an IT centered job page, I would try there. I went to an IT school, but it hasn't worked out for me. I have spent a good deal of time on Dice though and think you could have some luck there. Good luck to you. I've been out of work for a year, I feel your pain.

Grimmy2016

Administrator
Scott
I did a quick search on Indeed.com for IT project manager and found the following results.

IT PROJECT MANAGER http://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=it+project+manager&l=Charlotte,+NC

INFRASTRUCTURE http://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=infrastructure&l=Charlotte,+NC

I wanted to reach out and ask for help from my NCWW family.......... The past year I was an implementation project manager for a payment processing company, but I would like to get back into the hands on side of IT or move into an infrastructure project manager role. I live in the Charlotte area and would like to stay here because my daughter is here.

MikeH

New User
Mike
Bumping this thread in the hopes that folks in Charlotte have some ideas or know someone who knows someone. I can use all the help I can get.

Thanks in advance!
Mike

ashley_phil

Phil Ashley
Corporate Member
hate to read this Mike. I've been there. Best bet is to start talking to recruiters. There is very little direct hire in Charlotte. It just rarely happens.

I'll keep my ears open and I'll send you some names of recruiters to reach out too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS