Jigsaw

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkintKnuckle

New User
Martin
I need to upgrade my jigsaw, and have been looking at a Dewalt DW331.

Does anyone have one, if so how do you like it.

Thanks ahead.

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I bought my reconditioned (it was like new!) jigsaw from these folks. Go for the 1590 (Barrel) or 1591 (Top handle) version. Also highly recommend the dust collector attachment for these saws. Very good prices and service. If they don't have the one you want in stock when you order ask to be put on a waiting list. I had to do it and only waited 5 days. Just happened to have an e-coupon for a 10% discount on any reconditioned tool. Need to get it ordered today though.[/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]http://bosch.cpotools.com/?ref=nl20060509[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]CPO INVITES YOU to get started on that project you've been gnawing on all through the winter months.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]No matter your project, we've got every power tool you'll need to get the job done right.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]And, as a CPO email subscriber, receive 10% off ALL reconditioned tools through May 14! (Use coupon code BE5910 at checkout)[/FONT]

Mark

wapitiscat

New User
Todd Earnhardt
I have the Dewalt and like it all right.I traded a bicycle for it. If that deal had fallen through I would have gone with the Bosch. The Bosch just feels "smoother" during a cut. Maybe it's a blade thing .. I don't know. I think I would have tried the barrel handle too just to be different.

Todd

clowman

Clay Lowman
Corporate Member
Is there any difference between the 1590 and the 1591.. other than the shape? I'm talking mostly performance. I currently have a $50 crapsman.. using that thing is like grabbing ahold of a jackhammer. I mean it burns wood better than a woodburner.

MLB3164

New User
Marty
Martin,
I have a 1587 Bosch I will sell you cheap if you are interested. I bought the new 1590 when it came out so I don't need two. I was installing alot more cabinets then. The only thing wrong with the 1587 is the click turn blade release sometimes takes a few tries. I am just around the corner from you if you would like to swing by and try it out or try the 1590 out. I have been very happy with the Bosch jigsaws.

Marty

mkepke

Mark
Senior User
I have a DeWalt jigsaw. If I had to do it over, I would buy the Bosch.

The Dewalt works fine EXCEPT that it has problems keeping a 90 degree setting.

In fairness to the DW331, I'm not sure what model my jigsaw is, but mine has the tool-less blade changing and 3 orbit modes.

-Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS