Jigfest-Take a guess at what I'm making

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shamrock

New User
Michael
Hey folks- haven't posted in awhile cause I've been busy building something...........

Here's the jigs-take a guess (no cheating from those who already know)

rockerjigs_1_052.jpg

View image in gallery
rockerjigs_1_002.jpg

View image in gallery

Whatever it is I'm making it's outta Brazilian Cherry (jatoba) and boy is it hard. Broke 2 drill bits, bent a drill bit (a 1st for that one) and it bent and broke some screws too.

Good luck-winners will recieve a :eusa_clap

Tootles

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
Ummmmmmmmmmmm, a rocking chair of some sorts mayhaps? :dontknow::dontknow::dontknow::dontknow:

Brian.

Shamrock

New User
Michael
Everybodies on the right path-Jeff gets a star for the bent wood:gar-La; guess . It is a rocker, but not a windsor. Here's another hint: there are a few folks on this website who have built a few. I think 2 of them are still working on theirs. Travis.... Doug? How they coming along? Don't tell me I beat you cause this took me 3 months to build.

Mark Stewart

New User
Mark
:rotflm::rotflm:A pile of scrap metal from perfectly good drill bits and screws.:rotflm::rotflm:
And a rocker of some sorts to boot.
Thanks Mark

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
If it IS a rocker you won't have time to use it working to pay for all those drill bits you keep breakin'.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Mike,

I was wondering what you've been up to. :eusa_thin I was gunna guess a rocking chair, but I don't know any more specific terms to describe them than just "a rocking chair", so I'll stick to that. :rotflm:

So you went for the Brazilian Cherry huh? That's the price you pay for working with that stuff. :BangHead::BangHead::BangHead: I've had some success drilling in a little bit and backing it out, waiting, repeat.... Especially with screws. I'll drive a screw part of the way, back it out, get another screw, drive it in a little more, back it out, get another screw and go all the way. That stuff is hard as a rock. Anyway, I can't wait to see what you've been working on. :icon_thum

SubGuy

Administrator
Zach
A Sam Maloof? or a Jenny Lind Bentwood Rocker? The second picture looks like back slats. Hmmm:icon_scra

Herbie

New User
Herbie
Not sure what it is ,but I would not fool with it bending bits & breaking bits doesent seem worth the trouble.:thumbs_do

nelsone

New User
Ed
I thought you were done messing with that jatoba! You are a glutton for punishment aren't you!

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Picked up some Brazilian Cherry from our cabinet maker. FWIW, he advised an Acetone wash before gluing or finishing. He says it's very oily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS