Jewelry Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry Rose

New User
Larry Rose
My daughter wanted a jewelry case a little bigger than the usual box and lid. This is what I came up with. It's padauk with wenge trim and pulls. The medalion is satinwood. I thought it had an oriential feel to it so I did a search on the net and found a site that has names done in Japanese. My daughters name is Kelly and this is what the site says is the conversion. Who knows, it proably means something like "who cut the cheese":dontknow: but I thought it looked good. The finish is BLO,shelac and wax. If any one hasn't use padauk before, it starts out as a horrible orange collor and darkens to a very dark reddish brown. This case is about halfway there.

166.JPG

View image in gallery

manfre

New User
Manfre
The box looks good. I like the coloring. Good name translations usually end up being a phonetic translation. The bad translations are usually meaningless gibberish (found at many tattoo places) because they try to match English letters to kanji/kana.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Once again Larry your work is outstanding. :notworthy: Any possibility of getting a few shots of the drawers open? I've got to build one for my granddaughter in the next year or two, so I'm interested in the inside as well as the outside.

Bill

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Larry,

That is More than Simply Gorgeous~! It Rocks~! Very Well done~!

And I love Padauk~! Very Beautiful wood~!

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
As always, excellent work! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

It's funny, I've always had that same theory about Japanese conversions. :eusa_thin

Larry Rose

New User
Larry Rose
Once again Larry your work is outstanding. :notworthy: Any possibility of getting a few shots of the drawers open? I've got to build one for my granddaughter in the next year or two, so I'm interested in the inside as well as the outside.

Bill
Bill, I used a flocking kit from Rockler for the insides. I still might put in dividers before I give it to my daughter. I want to try to find a way to make them changable. Also some one asked about drawer slides. They just slide in and out on simple rails attached to the sides.

Shamrock

New User
Michael
Fantastic, love the satinwood inlay on the top, did you route that out with a dremel or did you use carving tools?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS