Jewelry box progress pics II

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Alright I thought that I would have these to post this last weekend but a few mistakes and some very slow hand chiseling work slowed me down. I finally did the veneered panels and the walnut trim pieces. I am very happy with the veneer method (re-activated PVA glue) and the results. Don't look to closely at the walnut trim band. Nothing is glued together yet, carcass-wise, I still have to finish sand and fit the unmade drawers. A quick wipedown with MS to show some color. I have got some Brusso hinges, and some more barrel hinges as hardware. I will hopefully make walnut pulls for the drawers. I can believe how long this project is taking, but I am not gonna screw it up, at least as far ya'll can tell, so I am taking my time.

Jewelrybox007.jpg

Jewelrybox010.jpg

Jewelrybox014.jpg

Jewelrybox015.jpg

Jewelrybox016.jpg

Thanks for looking...not too closely though:lol: :lol:
Dave:)

Monty

New User
Monty
That looks fantastic! I love your choice of wood there. Keep us posted on your progress.

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Man-O-Man Dave, that is looking really great.:icon_thum I love the veneer, you did an excellent job with it too. I also like the walnut banding. It will look super with the walnut drawer pulls.

D L

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Thanks, I am pretty happy so far. DL thanks for your tips on the veneer method. Dave:)

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Dave, don't forget to keep your panels weighted down under a platen until you are ready to glue them in place. You don't want them to warp on you. I am glad the PVA glue method worked for you.

D L

Last edited:

Ozzie-x

New User
Randy
Sounds like it's progressing well. But we gotta see pictures. Like Dave somebody said one time, if there's no pictures, it didn't happen.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Randy, are you not getting the pictures? They're there..I think. At least they're in my album. Sorry, I may have sucked up too much saw dust tonight, I was sanding.

Ozzie-x

New User
Randy
Hello Dave, Got the pictures now after I came back in. Dunno? Operator error? That looks great! I was really wanting to see the maple panels and they really look good. The walnut banding makes a nice contrast and shows up the panels. I'll have to try that re-activation process. Keep up the good work and keep us posted.

Big Mike

New User
Mike
Dave, looks fantabulous. That is gonna be an heirloom in your family for sure. Congratulations!:icon_thum

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
Dave,

That is coming along really nicely, you do some beautiful work. That will definitely be a showpiece and I'm glad the veneering method worked well for you.

DavidF

New User
David
Dave- What can I say? THAT is a nice box and great looking craftsmanship and design too.

sapwood

New User
Roger
There ya go again :lol:
Striking work!

'course now you'll have to fill it with jewelry:lol:

Sapwood

cpowell

Chuck
Senior User
Man, that is some kinda purdy!

Better not let LOML see that...hmmmmm...unless it would lead to another tool. :eusa_thin

Very nice work.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Chuck, every project can lead to or justify another tool. This one is the reason I got my Proformax 16/32. Planning curly figured wood isn't right, it must be massaged to the right thickness with a new tool:lol:

clowman

Clay Lowman
Corporate Member
Nice looking chest Dave! And everyone take my word for it, it looks even better in person. I got to meet Dave this weekend! Nothing like running your hand across that beautiful maple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS