Jewelry box finally finished..lots o' pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
cskipper said:
Dave, that turned out to be an awesome project! I am glad you are not a vampire and I am awaiting mine:lol: . Seriously - I'm very impressed - great workmanship!

Cathy, is your vampire on backorder too? I've been waiting months for mine to arrive.:lol:

D L

lwhughes149

New User
Lorraine
Don't you folks know pride when you see it in the mirror? Great work Dave. Be sure to sign it. Someday they will fight over it.

bcbearcathunting

New User
Update your profile with your name
That's a totally awesome piece of craftsmanship! Your dedication, skill, and patience have spoken well for you.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
rcorne01 said:
February's TWA program is a member show and tell type theme. I really think this would be a good one for you to bring, and share your experience and lessons learned when building it.

Rick I can't wait that long. I think I am gonna bring it tomorrow night to show a few people, and I will bring it back and tell everyone of my mistakes at the Feb. meeting. See ya tomorrow.
Dave:)

M

McRabbet

Very nice job -- great choice of woods, superb execution and that's just the self portrait! Oh yes, the jewelry cabinet is sweet, too! LOYL has got to be enthralled, but be carefule the TWA folks don't get drool stains on that nice finish! Rob

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Sweet, very sweet. I like the grain, your gaps around your drawers are very even, and your joints are tight. I would have had to remake half of the thing to get it to look that good.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Travis I did have to re-make about half of it to get it right:BangHead: I screwed up the drawer fronts and had to re-do the back to give the drawers a little more clearance. Yea, more scrap wood for me:eusa_danc
Thanks for the comments, I like the way it turned out despite the frustrations.

Splinter

New User
Dolan Brown
I impressed and also envious. This will definetly be a treasure to hand down to the grandkids.

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Dave brought his latest project to the TWA meeting tonight so a few of us got a chance to look at this lovely jewelry in person. The pictures he posted do this box no justice what so ever. Dave's box is unbelievably fantastic!:icon_thum

Dave, thanks for bringing it tonight so we could see it.

D L

cskipper

Cathy
Dave, the pictures are awesome so it must be amazing in person. Consider the new scraps a bonus - even though that's not what you thought of them at the time.

TominZebulon

New User
Tom Meehan
Gorgeous box Dave! I aspire to become such a woodworker one day!! What did you use for the necklace hooks? I have been looking for something like that, but have been unable to find them. Of course, I do not have the beautiful box like that to put them in, but maybe one day!

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Tom, the necklace hooks are just pieces 1/8" brass rod stock from Lowes. I had it left over from another project. Brusso make some very nice and VERY expensive hangers, that I wished I could have used.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS