Jet OES-80CS Oscillating Edge Sander

Status
Not open for further replies.

frankc4113

Frank C
Corporate Member
Looking for a Jet OES-80CS, 6"X 89" Oscillating Edge Sander and wondering if anyone knows if or when there will be a 15% off sale, possibly a Black Friday sale. Also open to buying used if anyone may be selling one in real good condition. I've researched other makes also and it seems the Jet has the best reviews and warranty (5 years), for the price if bought new,. Powermatic makes a real good product but the price point is far beyond what I want to pay

tri4sale

Daniel
Corporate Member
The Store That Shall Not Be Named will have 15% of Jet. Looks like thats a pretty standard Black Friday discount on Jet machines.

frankc4113

Frank C
Corporate Member
Daniel
It just seems to me that the price you see online every day is $1079.99. When the 15% Black Friday or any other sale is advertised, the price is $1079.99. Seems like the sales of any kind by Jet, appear to be the same price you can buy it at any other time. I don't constantly look at the pricing so I may very well may be wrong and there might be an additional pricing discount if perhaps it even applies to that specific machine in that if there is a discount of any kind, it may not be across the board on all machines.
I have the time today and plan to go to the Raleigh Woodcraft store to see what's up with pricing, etc.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
I have the time today and plan to go to the Raleigh Woodcraft store to see what's up with pricing, etc.

I would also go to Klingspor in Cary and ask them. They usually offer a standard 10% discount to NCWW members and are one of our best supporters. I'm sure if Jet is offering a 15% discount on the dates mentioned, Klingspor will also be offering it.

tri4sale

Daniel
Corporate Member
Daniel
It just seems to me that the price you see online every day is $1079.99. When the 15% Black Friday or any other sale is advertised, the price is $1079.99. Seems like the sales of any kind by Jet, appear to be the same price you can buy it at any other time. I don't constantly look at the pricing so I may very well may be wrong and there might be an additional pricing discount if perhaps it even applies to that specific machine in that if there is a discount of any kind, it may not be across the board on all machines.

I do think you are wrong about this, when I bought my Jet DC, I got 10% (that was the sale everyone was running for that holiday) off the list price that everyone normally sold it for. Same when I bought my drum sander, I got 10% off the list price. Since this isn't a stocked item, it may not qualify for discount, but doesn't hurt to ask and check Klingspor and Woodcraft.

I would also go to Klingspor in Cary and ask them. They usually offer a standard 10% discount to NCWW members and are one of our best supporters. I'm sure if Jet is offering a 15% discount on the dates mentioned, Klingspor will also be offering it.

The 10% off at Klingspor does not include power tools like this :(

ehpoole

Administrator
Ethan
Daniel

In the case of Woodcraft there are the store sponsored sales and the specific manufacturer sponsored sales. The store may offer 15% off but if you read the terms you will see that they very clearly exclude most power tool brands from that sale because their agreements with those manufacturer forbid them offering those brands at lower prices without manufacturer approval unless the manufacturer is the party running the sale. However, once or twice each year many of the manufacturers will offer their own sales and those are the sales that will apply to those specific brands. Generally those manufacturer sales will apply to most retailers that sell those brands (so not just Woodcraft).

While the exclusions may be in the small print, the small print, at least in my past experience, in their printed ads was usually a fairly generous font size compared to most small print and usually began with bold print to the effect of store sales “excluding most power tool brands”, and then go on to list the specific brands not included in the store sales.

Copying and pasting, the below is the typical Woodcraft small print included with their store sponsored sales as copied from their current store sponsored sale. The brands listed change over time depending upon the terms of their agreements with the various manufacturers and their offerings and they have over time added new exclusions as they have added to their store offerings and services (such as the laser engraving exclusion).

*Excludes Gift Cards, Power Tools, Leigh Jigs, Freud, Festool, SawStop, GREX, ONEIDA, CNC Machines, Tormek, Bosch, Mirka Sanders, Board Foot Lumber, OneTIME Tools, Select Kreg Tools & Manufacturer Direct Ship Items. No Cash Value. Not Valid With Any Promotional Offer, Discounts Or Coupons, Previous Purchases, Quantity Discounts & Package Pricing. No Special Orders. Excludes Laser Engraving & Sharpening/Millwork Charges. Other Exclusions May Apply. One Per Person. Ends Nov. 21 2018. Online & Participating Stores Only.

frankc4113

Frank C
Corporate Member
I bought the Jet 6" X 89" Edge Sander from Klingspor's in Cary. They have it in stock and they did give the 15% off from the $1079 price.Also got the mobile base for it. I'm picking up the sander and mobile base this Friday.
Real good people to deal with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS