Martin Roper

Martin
Senior User
Jet commercial bandsaw - $200

Not mine. Should clean up nicely.

jet commercial bandsaw - $200

Date: 2011-07-21, 10:57PM EDT
Reply to: sale-yhe5y-2506825168@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Jet commercial bandsaw. Came from bankruptcy sale in a working facility. 252-4028499 jon

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
3nb3pc3lc5O25Y35S5b7l84b9c0cc86041c90.jpg
3n83k23lf5Q55P15X5b7l5e4b9af4f7381a38.jpg
3n93kf3pd5Q05W05P6b7lcc7bc8964ad91d4b.jpg
3k93o83l85Q45W15P5b7l6cde34205517175a.jpg

PostingID: 2506825168

Ben325e

New User
Ben
I've emailed and called since it was up last night. Not answering and doesn't have voice mail set up. Hadn't responded to text message either. Oh yeah, I call dibs on this one ;-)

Ben325e

New User
Ben
The saw is in greenville so you have a good chance!
Salem

Funny you should say that... I just finished paying for it! I was on my way to Washington for work and thought Id call him once more.... I thought the saw was in Raleigh the whole time. He answered and said that several people were on the way to get it, but first come first serve... he told me the address and my jaw hit the floor. My trip to Raleigh had just turned into a trip seven miles from where I was sitting at the gas station:banana: But I didn't have $200 on me so I looked up the nearest SECU atm.... it was at the next gas station down the street!

The saw does have a rusty table, but its only been outside for a week. All the adjustments were smooth and some things had just a very light coat of rust. The shop had used it for an aluminum only band saw, but it will clean up well.

It's a monster, but I've already got a spare mobile base for it. Will be installing a subpanel in the garage this weekend.

Anyone have a few spare 1 or 1½ inch 150" blades?

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
Congratulations on the score!

I was looking at that saw myself. Sent an email and never got a response. Didn't think that thing was going to hang around at only $200.00 :eek:

Sal Buscemi

New User
Sal
He answered and said that several people were on the way to get it, but first come first serve...

This is my nightmare when I drive hours to go buy something. What an unbelievably rude thing to do.

I had one seller call me up after I had been on the road for an hour to go pick up some tools, he told me someone else had come by and made an offer on the whole lot (about ten machines). He had originally assured me that he would hold the 4 or 5 things (can't remember exactly) for the two hour drive. I had half a mind to keep going to show him how upset I was, but I calmed down and told him "oh well".

A week later I saw the same ad with a long rant at the end (longer than this rant) about how rude and unreliable people were. The guy who had made the offer, strung him along on the phone, but never came back.

Ok, I feel better now that I've vented. Congrats on the saw!
Sal

Martin Roper

Martin
Senior User
Update: all 640 pounds are in the van and I have to take it out in about 25 minutes. :help:

Congrats Ben! My eyes almost popped out of my head when I saw that ad.

I've posted a couple of these kinds of things before, but a NCWWer never seemed to get the good deal.

jhreed

New User
james
I called and talked to the guy and told him I woud take it and I would pick it up the same day, Friday morning. He said ok it was mine. I called the company in Washington where it was to see if I could get some help loading. The lady said it was already sold. I called the guy back and told him someone had already gave them the money. He said it must be sold then. And he hung up on me. I am glad I did not drive my Tahoe to Washington and come back empty. Glad one of our own got it. It was a $2,000.00 saw.
James

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors