Jet 18" Bandsaw for Sale (Apex)

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodworker2000

Christopher
Corporate Member
Look at the saw closely. It appears to be the older version of the Jet 18" bandsaw and is different from the saw shown in the link that the seller posted in his auction. The new version of the saw (the Jet JWBS-18X) has a blade tracking window, a rigid guide post and who knows what other differences. I seem to recall from posts here or on another forum that there were problems with the original Jet 18" bandsaw (the one on eBay) that were corrected with the new version. Does anyone else recall the differences?

mshel

New User
Michael Shelley
Agree, it isn't the same saw. I went to Amazon and read the reviews for the saw in the pic and out of 18 reviews, only 2 had bad experiences. Most of the complaints were for the way you have to tilt the table to access the lower guide adjustment screws. Also, that saw comes with a 1.5 hp motor which was not popular with the owners. Personally, I think I will take a look at the Steel City 18" if I can get any info on it. See my attachments in the Steel City thread for distributors and pricing.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors