Jet 12 inch planner/ jointer combination machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

swifty

New User
swifty
I have received an email from CPO for $1995 with free shipping on this machine.It has a couple of positive reviews. I am looking at a similar type of machine for need to save space. It has a 5 year warrantee . The specs look like it is a well thought ought machine. My concern is if the fence will retain its settings. I did see that fence doesn't have to be removed to switch to planner.
Have you heard any comments or have you used this machine?

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
I have one and so does Bas. The fence does not have to be removed to switch from one to the other. I love the machine. I also have space considerations. Bas got his with a Shelix head. You might want to contact Klingspor to see if they can do better price-wise.

decibel

New User
Patrick
I also have the JJP12 with the helical head. You just missed a chance to snag it at a decent price with the jet sale and if I were you I'd try to get in on one of their 10 to 15% off sales.

Regardless I love mine and Jet has been very supportive of their product. I did have some issues with my jointer top being off from the factory and the outfeed would not move. The had a tech come out and make it right so he realigned my tables to be coplanar while he was at it. I'm space challenged as well so it works wonders for me.

The fence does feel a little wimpy compared to the big cast iron fences but I it hasn't caused me any grief. Overall I really love my machine and the changeover is pretty quick.

Best of luck to you.

Patrick.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
I think it's a great machine, more details are in my review. The fence is definitely not a feature on this machine, but it's acceptable. I have a decent amount of shop space (~600ft), but there's so such thing as too much room. In addition, if you get the shelix head, you're only paying for that once.

If you're ever in the Raleigh area, you're more than welcome to take a look.

swifty

New User
swifty
Will it hold at 90 degrees when you move the fence?
I often am trying to joint thick stock say 3 1/2 by 3 1/2 so a few degrees off will really show up as a problem.

decibel

New User
Patrick
I've made it a habit to always check mine for 90 (even before I bought this one). I haven't had any issues but the thickest I've gone is a little over 2 inches. I'll extend the same invitation out to to try before you buy as well. I know Charlotte isn't the that close but the offer stands.

swifty

New User
swifty
Thanks for the offer. I have to leave for Colorado the end of this week. I am thinking about the Klingspore sale this week.The unit would sell for 10% off or 1799.00
Its tempting, but I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors