Jeff Mill's recent posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
I noticed Jeff Mills made a number of potentially controversial posts in the Off Topic forum about gun laws, the tapping of the oil reserve and the sales tax. So far, nobody has taken the bait, which is great. The best way to discourage these kinds of posts is to ignore them. If it keeps up though, it may be a good idea to send him a PM and tell him to knock it off. He should know better! :eusa_naug

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Agree Completely. If it continues I will send the PM. If any staff member feels it is time, send me a PM or post it here. With Doug exiting from the President's role I feel Jeff is testing the new board. Imagine That:cool: "Doug spoke to Jeff about his posting Habits before he was suspended."

Last edited:
M

McRabbet

I fully agree that if he persists, we should have no reservations about pouncing on him. His posts were clearly too far afield for this site and I suspect you may be right that he's testing us.

b4man

New User
Barbara
The post with the link to gun laws made me want to reply with " What does this have to do with woodworking?"
Leaving it will come back and bite us I think.

Glennbear

Glenn
The post with the link to gun laws made me want to reply with " What does this have to do with woodworking?"
Leaving it will come back and bite us I think.

IMHO since the changes for the gun laws were positive ones for gun owners for the most part I do not think this will generate a lot of ranting and raving. However, I have been known to be 100% wrong :gar-La;

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Agree Completely. If it continues I will send the PM. If any staff member feels it is time, send me a PM or post it here. With Doug exiting from the President's role I feel Jeff is testing the new board. Imagine That:cool: "Doug spoke to Jeff about his posting Habits before he was suspended."

I did not realize that I was a force that kept Jeff at bay. :rotflm:If that is my superpower I promise to only use it for good!

TracyP

Tracy
In a perfect world I would rather a moderator delete the thread and see where it goes from there. He will either retaliate by posting more politically charged threads or he will stop. If he retaliates then I will issue a stern warning and his first infraction.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
I'd like to try taking the bait away first by thanking Jeff for passing on this information, and then closing the thread to further posts. If Jeff sees he can't evoke a response with these type of threads, he may soon stop. If not, he gets an infraction point if he escalates. I agree he's probably testing the waters on the new BOD. However, with the present system in place as adopted, it will be the Moderators that determine his fate.

......or maybe his meds ran out.........:dontknow:

TracyP

Tracy
I'd like to try taking the bait away first by thanking Jeff for passing on this information, and then closing the thread to further posts. If Jeff sees he can't evoke a response with these type of threads, he may soon stop. If not, he gets an infraction point if he escalates. I agree he's probably testing the waters on the new BOD. However, with the present system in place as adopted, it will be the Moderators that determine his fate.

......or maybe his meds ran out.........:dontknow:

Go for it, I would probably state that it is a politically charged topic in your pm to him. After all he is not an unreasonable person, he just likes to push the limits.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Dang!
Just when I get the hang of this moderatin' thing, they go and elect me to the BOD! :gar-Bi

TracyP

Tracy
Dang!
Just when I get the hang of this moderatin' thing, they go and elect me to the BOD! :gar-Bi
Two of the retiring board members will be moderators. We got you covered so you can coordinate lots of events......

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
It ain't over, apparently. Check out Jeff's new avatar. Yep, that's Rob Blagojevich (hope I spelled that right).

Glad I'm not a moderator anymore. :gar-Bi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors