Jeff Jewitt Finishing Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

sapwood

New User
Roger
On Oct. 21 I attended a class by Jeff Jewitt on hand finishing sponsored by TWA.

First, thanks to TWA for making this opportunity available. :icon_thum:icon_thum

Jeff was well prepared (he's done it a zillion times :lol:), extremely knowledgeable, responsive to questions, and personable. He did a thorough job of covering prep, products, and techniques. All in all, he is a consumate professional. Obviously, it's impossible to cover all the hand finishing methods and techniques in 6 hours. So Jeff focused on several of the basics including: stains (pigments and dyes), oils, and shellac. Lacquer was saved for the spraying class since it's normally used as a spray finish.

I highly recommend this class. :cool:
I regret that it only lasted a day :roll:

Jeff's website is Homestead Finishing Products. He sells a wide variety of finishing products including Trans Tint Dyes that he developed (his plug and mine :mrgreen:). The site also includes excellent finishing FAQs.

Dutifully rendered,
Roger

skeeter

New User
Charles
Congrats on taking the class. That's something I intend to do (need to do) the first of next year.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Where was the class held Roger? I thought his school was way up country somewhere.

The class was held at a TWA members' shop in Raleigh, available only to TWA members. Jeff did a presentation at TWA meeting Friday on constructing spray booth, then had classes on Saturday and Sunday. Saturday was hand finishing and Sunday was spray finishing. I didn't attend spray class because that's light years away for me. The cost was $40 a day or $75 for both days. Good reason to be a member of TWA :eusa_danc

His shop is in Ohio and since 1999 he has been doing one week finishing classes at Marc Adams School.

Roger

walnutjerry

Jerry
Senior User
Congradulations on taking the class. I've been told "if you want your work to be like the masters----work with the masters". Jeff is nationally known----he has to know and be able to do some things right!! I know you learned a lot.:)

Jerry

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Congratulations on taking the class. I've been told "if you want your work to be like the masters----work with the masters". Jeff is nationally known----he has to know and be able to do some things right!! I know you learned a lot.:)

Jerry
I bought one of his books and it is like an encyclopedia. Thorough and well written, but exhausting:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors