January 2015, Member Monthly Contest - Shop Storage

Status
Not open for further replies.

ErnieM

Ernie
Corporate Member
This is my European style, all-in-one, multifunction, universal, one size fits all, mass storage, betcukantfindit modular storage unit. Bet you all wish you had one.

IMG_3865[1].jpg

Charles Lent

Charley
Corporate Member
Here is my entry for the January 2015 Shop Storage Contest. It's a Baltic Birch box to hold my IBox jig and everything that I use with it. Unfortunately, I haven't had the time yet to stain (Cherry) and polyurethane it, but it will be completed sometime next week.

The space at the rear holds 6 replacement sacrificial MDF strips for the face of the jig. In the left front is a slit to drop the plastic guard into. I've modified the jig mountings for this guard so I can mount the guard easily by just removing and installing wing nuts to hold it in place on the jig. The lid holds a 2 screw clamp and the IBox manual.

Charley

Attachments

• P1010036.jpg
    P1010036.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 278
  • P1010035.jpg
    P1010035.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 280
  • P1010037.jpg
    P1010037.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 283

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
This is my European style, all-in-one, multifunction, universal, one size fits all, mass storage, betcukantfindit modular storage unit. Bet you all wish you had one.
Thank Ernie - but If you ask my wife I understand that I have a 480 Sq. Ft. super-sized model of the one you have depicted!:rotflm: (and she doesn't allow visitors or pictures!)

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Here is my entry for the January 2015 Shop Storage Contest. It's a Baltic Birch box to hold my IBox jig and everything that I use with it. Unfortunately, I haven't had the time yet to stain (Cherry) and polyurethane it, but it will be completed sometime next week.

The space at the rear holds 6 replacement sacrificial MDF strips for the face of the jig. In the left front is a slit to drop the plastic guard into. I've modified the jig mountings for this guard so I can mount the guard easily by just removing and installing wing nuts to hold it in place on the jig. The lid holds a 2 screw clamp and the IBox manual.

Charley

Charley - that is SUPER nice, I really like it!

So is your trade name for the IBox-box? :cool:

ErnieM

Ernie
Corporate Member
Thank Ernie - but If you ask my wife I understand that I have a 480 Sq. Ft. super-sized model of the one you have depicted!:rotflm: (and she doesn't allow visitors or pictures!)

Wow - I looked on Amazon but I couldn't find one that big. Nice score:eusa_clap.

Charles Lent

Charley
Corporate Member
My second entry is a box to hold my Christmas present, a CRB7 Router Jig with all of the options. It came with so many pieces that I felt it necessary to build a special box to hold everything. It has 3 levels of storage. It is made from 1/2" Baltic Birch with some 1/8 and 1/4" BB pieces inside to space and position everything correctly (many leftover BB scraps from some previous work). I had posted this box earlier in the month and Phil suggested that I enter it in this contest. I was hoping to put the stain and poly on it before the end of the month. It has been waiting for me to finish building the box for my IBox jig, which is also minus the stain and poly at this time. At least I've had some time to refine this box a bit since I posted the previous pictures of it while I was in the process of building the second box, the one for the IBox jig. This box will also get Cherry stain and polyurethane finish. I'm planning to do both boxes at the same time next week.

Charley

Attachments

• P1010039.jpg
    P1010039.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 286
  • P1010040.jpg
    P1010040.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 300
  • P1010041.jpg
    P1010041.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 290
  • P1010042.jpg
    P1010042.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 278

woodworkingshop.com

Coleman
User
Beautiful cabinet for sandpaper, just missing a few things to make it stand out much better - of course I am referring to more KLINGSPOR SANDPAPER. :gar-La;

Bill, this is really a great sandpaper storage cabinet.

coleman

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member

I have one of those too. it's called the floor!:rotflm:

RandyJ

New User
Randy
Much like Jeff's denial of secretly wanting the Good Will Lathe, I think we will see Fred's box in future contests! Unless it is already in the N.C. Art Museum!

Nice work by all the entrants. Tough decision on the vote. I'll have to get help from the boss lady.

Good luck to all!

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Beautiful cabinet for sandpaper, just missing a few things to make it stand out much better - of course I am referring to more KLINGSPOR SANDPAPER. :gar-La;

Bill, this is really a great sandpaper storage cabinet.

coleman

Thanks Coleman. I picked a lot of that paper up at auctions I go to. But when it comes time to replenish, it will all be Klingspor. It sure would be easier, though, if you had a store in Greensboro or Burlington. :widea:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS