Jack Murdock Lumber

Status
Not open for further replies.

BKHam

Bradley
User
i went by Jack's new place which is on highway 98 in the edge of Bunn, maybe 15 min east of where he used to be. i was looking for some wood for an outdoor project. he had cypress but i was looking for something a little more durable. he took me to see the exotics he has. quite a selection. african mahogany, sapele, bloodwood, and i'm probably forgetting something. i used to think of Jack for just domestic stuff that he cut so it was a pleasant surprise.

got some 8/4 and 4/4 mahogany and a few boards of sapele. the mahogany seemed quite dense compared to some i've come across previously. most of the exotics were $4 a bd/ft.

thought i'd share.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Jack always has great lumber at a great price. And easy to work with.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
the website is updated on the link you provided Jeff

The few pictures are FaceBook links and the lumber inventory isn't very complete. Not like what you described. Maybe it's just me and I don't do FaceBook either so it's a dead end for me.

BKHam

Bradley
User
The few pictures are FaceBook links and the lumber inventory isn't very complete. Not like what you described. Maybe it's just me and I don't do FaceBook either so it's a dead end for me.

ah i thought you meant the address....that is updated. i'm more of a phone call and chat type of guy anyway. hope you don't let your website experience keep you from what i thought was good lumber. cheers.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
ah i thought you meant the address....that is updated. i'm more of a phone call and chat type of guy anyway. hope you don't let your website experience keep you from what i thought was good lumber. cheers.

Not at all, Jack is a great guy and easy to work with. I bought some Atlantic White Cedar from him a few years when he was still just east of Wake Forest on highway 98. If you look at the aerial view of his new location and zoom in a bit it's clear that he has a much larger facility now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS