It's Hot in the Kiln

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grgramps

New User
Roy Hatch
Yesterday a friend and I went to Bee Tree Hardwoods in Swannanoa as a result of finding a reference on this site. Several others have reported favorable experiences buying wood there, and we can second that. Peter and brother Fred own and operate the place which is huge in my opinion. We didn't know what to expect since my only contact had been a phone call to make sure they would be open.
First Peter took us into the kiln that's on site. It was interesting, but at 140F it's not a place to be for more than 30 seconds.
I bought some cherry, a beautiful walnut board and my buddy got some maple. Peter made sure that we knew he appreciated our business and we were impressed with the quality of the wood that we bought.
This was a little over 30 miles from the Hendersonville area, but well worth the trip. I can freely recommend this place to anyone within reasonable driving distance.

clowman

Clay Lowman
Corporate Member
Great Roy. It's always to hear experienced good or bad from references from this site. That's what this site was all started for. I always try to tell every vendor about this site, and encourage them to visit.

walnutjerry

Jerry
Senior User
That is good to know Roy. I plan to go by Bee Tree about the first week in May. I had called and talked to them also but I was a little skeptical about waiting until I was on my way to teaching a tablemaking class to buy material for it.:lol: I was afraid they may not have what I needed for the class and I would be in a pickle.

Thanks again for sharing that experience with us!!!

Jerry

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
Don't forget Michael, we have that place down near the intersection of Camden and Rockfish, which I think Gary (Kota62) mentioned. Can't be much more than two miles away. We should also be able to talk to Ron at Cusom Craft (cabinet shop on Arran Circle, Fayetteville, right near Gentner's Collision, on Raeford Rd, 868-3957) for many sheet goods, and hardwoods

michaelgarner

New User
Michael
ya I have been there, real nice guy, I picked up some oak from him about 2 years ago, I need to get back, want to plan a road trip? be blessed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS