Item for discussion " Appreciation Gifts"

Status
Not open for further replies.

b4man

New User
Barbara
If this needs to be added to the agenda for our next meeting I want to get it on the record. Otherwise we could discuss it here and now.

He have several members that go beyond the call to teach, perform demo's and offer their shop for events that are NCWW related. I would like to request that we authorize a standard amount to purchase a "Thank You" gift for these folks or we could even solicit members to make plaques, pens or the like to present the people needing to be recognized.

How does everyone feel about this? The idea came to me when Amy Dowden offered to come to GSO to teach the Sketch Up class to our piedmont members. She expects nothing for her efforts but I sure would like to be able to thank her more than just personally buying her dinner which I'm happy to do.

Mike Davis has taught numerous sharpening classes to our members free of charge and Bill Clemmons opens his shop regularly to member events, again without any compensation. These are just the ones I'm involved with and I know there are several members across the state that do the same type thing.

I appreciate your consideration and feed back.

Barbara

M

McRabbet

Barbara -- this is a splendid and long overdue idea. In the past, we have given such members a coffee mug or a NCWW hat, but let's discuss other honoraria at our next BoD meeting.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
I'm all for the idea, but I don't believe it should be limited to the general membership. We have many staff members who also go out of their way to make this site what it is. I feel they all deserve some display of appreciation as well. Having said that, members who go out of their way with classes and demonstrations definitely deserve some acknowledgement from us of their efforts.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
It wasn't mentioned at all, but I felt the initial idea was only aimed at the general membership from the examples given. Perhaps I was reading something into it that wasn't there.

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
I also think this is a good idea.
We have made some precedent for members, and staff - I know that when our illustrious computer guru spent untold time restoring our site (last year?) he was given a "thank you" token. (Well deserved I may add.) Hate to think what we would have had to pay for that, much less what he and several others routinely do for the site and members.

As long as we can find some way to be consistent we'll be in good shape.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Plaques or certificates don't seem appropriate, but a Gift Certificate to go with one of them may be more fitting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors