It was recommended, but...

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
So in several forums Infinity band saw blades ( 3/4 ") were recommended as one of the better steel blades for re-saw.
So I bought one. Total junk. Weld not strait so it wobbles in and out by over 1/8 inch. Something bad in the set as it leaves a wavy pattern almost 1/32 inch. I have had it on the shelf for several months and don't remember where I bought it, or it would go back.

Just my experience.

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
So I contacted Infinity. Mostly just to let them know. Their first response was "it should" be fine.
Then sent them a picture of the cut and weld. They are living up to their reputation as they are sending me a new blade. I was going to let it go.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
So I contacted Infinity. Mostly just to let them know. Their first response was "it should" be fine.
Then sent them a picture of the cut and weld. They are living up to their reputation as they are sending me a new blade. I was going to let it go.
Wait, you told them
"The weld is not strait so it wobbles in and out by over 1/8 inch. Something bad in the set as it leaves a wavy pattern almost 1/32 inch."

And they said "it should" be fine?

petebucy4638

Pete
Corporate Member
So in several forums Infinity band saw blades ( 3/4 ") were recommended as one of the better steel blades for re-saw.
So I bought one. Total junk. Weld not strait so it wobbles in and out by over 1/8 inch. Something bad in the set as it leaves a wavy pattern almost 1/32 inch. I have had it on the shelf for several months and don't remember where I bought it, or it would go back.

Just my experience.
I have noticed a few products that I have purchased recently are not up to the quality standards that I have come to expect in the past. I recently bought a Oneway Wolverine sharpening jig and the bar that supports the grinding platform was way off vertical. A lot of companies are using relatively inexperienced labor and it show in the product.
Wolverine Defect.JPEG

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
Got the replacement. WAY better. Even out of the box and have not dressed the burrs yet.
So Infinity has affirmed they are a company who cares. Happy resolution.

Yea, lots of labor turnover. Takes time to master some skills. I think it will all work out but it takes time. ( My Wolverine is fine :) )

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS