It was a power tool Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member
So a couple of years ago I bought a older craftsman table saw and it was great until the motor died. I looked for a while for a used motor or even a new one but really didn't want to spend the money on some of the newer motors. Well harbor freight started selling motors again so my wonderful wife bought me a new one for the saw and even got the extended warranty just in case. The motor seems to be pretty great I ripped some oak with it today and it didn't even hesitate one bit. I'm refurbishing the whole saw and will be building a table saw station around it with a router table and downdraft table.

Anyway here is a picture of the motor

2011-12-27_17_38_47.jpg

View image in gallery

A couple of weeks ago Ron(yellowfins) put up a craftsman Drill press, I jumped all over it, my Dad(JCraig) decided that he would get it for me for Christmas. It's a great drill Press, Ron thanks for such a great deal on the drill press and it's SO much better than my cheap little HF bench top. That has now been ripped apart for the motor. :)

So while my dad was picking up the drill press he got talking to Ron and was telling him about the table saw I'm working on and Ron had a fence that he wasn't using any more as anyone who know the fence on the older craftsman saws blow.

I had no idea this part was going on so when dad showed up at the house with the drill press he also had the fence I was a little bit shocked...

This is why I was shocked......

This was on my dream list of fences....

I was super stoked to see it in the back of the truck. I still am super excited about it.

Here is a shot of the whole fence on the saw....

It fits the saw perfectly and is super super accurate. I need to fine tune it a little more but I spent some time today with it and am amazed at the cuts I am able to make. I am totally sold on the incra tools. I will be buying many more in the future, actually I am saving up for a Incra Miter 1000HD right now.

I can't thank Ron enough for the killer deal on the Drill Press and for a deal on the fence that I can't even mention it was such a deal. Ron I totally can't thank you enough..

I am so stoked to have a great saw again. It made working on things today so much more fun.

I can't thank my dad enough for going and getting me the Drill press for Christmas and showing up with an extra surprise.

I look forward to many hours of woodworking this year with my "new" saw.

NC_Horn

Duane
Corporate Member
Man, what a fence. Looks great. On the 1000HD - I ordered one from Amazon yesterday $126 including shipping. Had been looking at them on Rockler then they went sold out. Did notice they were available again this AM but now back to sold out. They were only $7 cheaper and I think it didn't include shipping. Congrats on all your score.

Duane

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member
Man, what a fence. Looks great. On the 1000HD - I ordered one from Amazon yesterday $126 including shipping. Had been looking at them on Rockler then they went sold out. Did notice they were available again this AM but now back to sold out. They were only $7 cheaper and I think it didn't include shipping. Congrats on all your score.

Duane

Thanks Duane... let me know what you think of the 1000HD. It's going to be a couple of weeks before I can order it. Almost have the money saved up. I'll check out Rockler, I've been scoping it out on Amazon.

jhreed

New User
james
As Crocodile Dundee might say "now this is a fence". A good fence makes all the difference in a saw. I have said before, Ron (yellowfins) is such a nice guy. I cannot thank him enough for the Jet cabinet saw I got from him.
James

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member
As Crocodile Dundee might say "now this is a fence". A good fence makes all the difference in a saw. I have said before, Ron (yellowfins) is such a nice guy. I cannot thank him enough for the Jet cabinet saw I got from him.
James

Yeah it is one heck of a fence and after using it for a little while I can see why people like them so much. Ron is a great guy. I look forward to using it on many projects and have already used the drill press several times for some pens and it's amazing what good tools will do for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors