IRS Auctions

Jeff

New User
Jeff
IRS Auctions in High Point, NC. It's not the Internal Revenue Service!

Chris Goris bought some lumber from them recently and I was curious about that. It seems like a big hassle and the lumber is not physically located in High Point but shipped to you via common carrier from wherever it is and other surcharges are added on to your bid when it's accepted.

Have other used this site too? Experiences?

nn4jw

New User
Jim
My main experience with IRS Auctions is that once you get on their email list you can NEVER get off. At least I haven't been able to.

Jeremy Scuteri

Jeremy
I've purchased a few things from IRS Auctions. All have been local pickup with very little hassle. There are some good deals to be found there on larger pieces of machinery and materials. I believe @jazzflute has found some good bargains there.

Jeremy Scuteri

Jeremy
And now I also see that you can link to a person. I wonder if he will get some kind of message. Hey @Jeff, did this trigger some kind of message to you?

Jeremy Scuteri

Jeremy
I did not get a Conversation (PM/Message/etc), but I did get an Alert:

chris_goris

Chris
Senior User
"It seems like a big hassle and the lumber is not physically located in High Point but shipped to you via common carrier from wherever it is and other surcharges are added on to your bid when it's accepted."

Im not sure where you got that information from but the lumber is in High Point, I picked up half already

Last edited:

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Jeff, I've bought quite a bit of shop equipment through IRS auctions, going back to 2009.

My latest acquisition was a 6 head Wadkin moulder that I purchased last November.

My opinion of IRS auctions is that they are a good source for commercial or industrial purchasers, but not such a good source for a lot of individual buyers.

Scott

Jeff

New User
Jeff
Thanks Scott. Did you pick up your machine in High Point or was it somewhere else out of NC and had to be shipped to you?

My opinion of IRS auctions is that they are a good source for commercial or industrial purchasers, but not such a good source for a lot of individual buyers.
I'm getting the same feeling!

chris_goris

Chris
Senior User
Jeff, IRS auctions sells equipment and other things as is , where is. It can be anywhere, its up to the buyer to go get it and or arrange shipment.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
Ok. Can you limit your shopping to NC and not the entire US on IRS?

How'd you find your Aspen wood buy that was a mistake as you said? Searched lumber in NC?

Willemjm

Willem
Corporate Member
For me IRS recommended shipping brokers who they are familiar with. The broker gave me a quote, I gave the green light and it was delivered a few days later. I did not have to make any other arrangements.

chris_goris

Chris
Senior User
Ok. Can you limit your shopping to NC and not the entire US on IRS?

How'd you find your Aspen wood buy that was a mistake as you said? Searched lumber in NC?
They really dont have that many auctions, did you look at their website?

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Thanks Scott. Did you pick up your machine in High Point or was it somewhere else out of NC and had to be shipped to you?

I have not purchased any items at an IRS auction in High point.

The moulder came from Granville, NY (Manchester Wood Products)

Before that I bought everal items at the Hooker Furniture auction in Martinsville, VA,

There have been a few smaller ones but the names escape me right now.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
They really dont have that many auctions, did you look at their website?

Yes, I looked a few minutes ago and the website says 987 lots but it doesn't say how many separate auctions of those lots there are. It could be 98 separate auctions or 10. Lo and behold the first thing at the website this morning was aspen lumber.

I'm primarily just curious but all of you have given useful and informative information about IRS Auctions.

Last edited:

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
Bidding closed 3/12, OBTW. I found 987 separate units that were auctioned. Multiple lots of Aspen. Bundles were showing in the higher numbered lots (900's).

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS