Introduction...

Status
Not open for further replies.

sazdaman

New User
Steve
Well, I'm here to introduce myself. My name is Steve Zonce and a coworker Ed Nelson (nelsone) introduced me to this site. I have been working with wood for as long as I can remember. One of the first things I can remember making was a large wooden spoon. I saw a show on PBS where the guy took a split piece of oak and used a hatchet to cut himself out a spoon. Well after seeing this, I just had to do it. I was about 8 years old and it came out perfect. My mom used it until it finally broke after 25 years.

There was wood working going on all the time in my house, so seeing things happen gave me a great opportunity to see the machines in operation. So when I was able to use them myself, I almost knew already how to use them.

I primarily make furniture, nothing extravagant, simple clean lines. I will upload a few pictures of some things that I made. The first is a small side table made out of tiger Maple that I picked up at Home Depot believe it or not. Not sure why they were selling it, but I liked the pattern and turned it into this little table. The next is a dinning room table that is built in Japanese traditional style. It is all mortise & tenon with pegs to pull it together. No nails or screws.

Hope you all like.

Steve

nelsone

New User
Ed
'Bout time! Glad to see you here! Get you're pics together or the Picture Police will be after you!:gar-Bi

Happy New Year!

bobby g

Bob
Corporate Member
Welcome Steve. Glad you have joined us. Can't wait to see the dining room table.

Bob

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Welcome Steve, I am glad that you could join us. I look forward to your input in the forums.

Dave:)

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Howdy neighbor! Welcome to the group. Nice looking work! Tiger Maple at HD...who wooda thunk it??? Did you ask for a discount? It has all those wavy things in it...has to be a flaw:gar-Bi

Makinsawdust

New User
Robert
Welcome Steve. Your tables look great.
Sorry to hear that ya got to work with Ed! Just kidding! He's a pretty good guy and not too bad a woodworker. :rotflm:
Rob

mikeacg

New User
Mike
Good to have you here, Steve, and thanks for sharing the pictures! Looks like you have it well in hand!!:icon_thum

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Welcome to the site Steve. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap It's great to have you here. Looking forward to seeing some pictures and feel free to jump right in. :icon_thum

navy1990

New User
Matt
Welcome to the site, Steve. I'm interested in making furniture myself and would love to see your pics. Might give me some inspiration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors