Intro Thread just a year or two late

Pop Golden

New User
Pop
Born Atlanta GA., 1940 (78 year old geezer), Dad in corrugated container business. 17 different schools between 1 & 12, Started driving nails in wood around 6 or 7, Started real woodworking in 7th. grade shop. been at it since (60 + years), 1st. love toy making. Have a fairly complete shop shoehorned in a small garage. All kinds of projects, some even pay money. At this point I'm in the process of building new shop cabinets. Believe it or not, but I've working on those cabinets for over 3 years now. Have 3 more to do. New replacement for my detail area, cabinet under my new lathe for lathe tools & Rework my sharpening cart. When I get the whole thing finished I'll upload a shop tour. My 1st. love is toy making, but my interest also include: art, photography, audiophile (my music taste can best be said to be eclectic) and last but not least I'm still involved in TV production.

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
Awesome, Glad to hear what you are about, also glad to know I am not the only one that forgot to make and intro thread ........ :p

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
Thanks Pop, trust me I think I took a couple years to introduce myself. But sometimes I take a while to figure out what to say. :cool:

Jim M.

Woody
Corporate Member
Thanks for the intro Pop, its always cool to hear someone's story, even if it's a little late ;)

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome Pop - glad you found us (chuckle) and stuck around for 8 years!
I always stop to read your posts because I enjoy your input.

Pop Golden

New User
Pop
Thanks Hmerkle. I'm glad somebody looks at my post. Sometimes I think no one wants to hear me bitch about the difference between a sabra saw & a jig saw. I'm just old and stuck in my ways. By the way, I do love NCWW. I joined Woodjocks a few years ago and found out a couple of things. The guy running the site was not a woodworker. He was just interested in building the site so he could sale it. The other thing was he had NO sense of humor. I mean REALLY NO SENSE OF HUMOR! Several of us were goofing around and when he found our post he hit the ceiling, and informed us that this was a woodworking site not a humor site. That's when I left.

Pop

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Thanks Hmerkle. I'm glad somebody looks at my post. Sometimes I think no one wants to hear me bitch about the difference between a sabra saw & a jig saw. I'm just old and stuck in my ways. By the way, I do love NCWW. I joined Woodjocks a few years ago and found out a couple of things. The guy running the site was not a woodworker. He was just interested in building the site so he could sale it. The other thing was he had NO sense of humor. I mean REALLY NO SENSE OF HUMOR! Several of us were goofing around and when he found our post he hit the ceiling, and informed us that this was a woodworking site not a humor site. That's when I left.

Pop
Hey I was exgarrating, I dont read the ones where you complain - just kidding - I read those too! ha ha
But as for the rest of your story, I would love to tally how many of us had a similar experience and found this little corner of the web where we could learn and ask question with out feeling stupid and spy on REALLY good woodworkers who had hearts of gold and would stop and tell you all about their stuff and how they built something.
I know sometimes I wear out a few members asking questions, but they are kind enough to take the time and explain and I listen!
1573851197699.png

Martin Roper

Martin
Senior User
I'd be interested to hear about your audio system, Pop. I was into it years ago and I'm thinking of jumping back in. Do you build your own speakers?

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS