Interest in a Pyrography, aka Wood Burning, workshop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
Planning to do a Pyrography workshop to be held at my shop in Chapel Hill. I'll probably do this late March to some Saturday in April.

Also, we have worked out a special Deal for the Klingspor Special Mega Deal! See it here: http://www.woodworkingshop.com/product/ce90001/
The listed price on this Mega Kit is $119.95. Sign up for this class and you can have this kit for $90!!!!! (don't know about tax yet but will probably be added) BUT, you MUST pick up this kit at my shop. Kits must be PRE-ORDERED so they can be delivered here and ready for the class. They can ONLY be picked up here at the class, there will be NO...I repeat NO shipping, Pony Express, UPS, USPS, or any other form of shipping arrangement. This special deal is for this class!

I will put together a Syllabus that will be posted in this thread soon (give me a week or two please!)

If you'd like to be in on this, please post so in this thread. I'll start a list. I have a good amount of room so we could probably do 6 to 8, maybe up to 10. If there is enough interest, I'll plan for another class later. Lunch could be Pizza or Jersey Mike's. Cost for lunch will be determined by what the choice is as Jersey Mike's could be over the $5 standard.

1. Susan (KenofCary)
2. ScottM
3. Berta
4. Sawman101- Bruce
5. Sawman101- Beth
6. Tomcat1055- Rick

Last edited:

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Please sign my wife, Susan up for this and I'll be there as an observer and gofor. Thanks for doing this Mike. I vote for Jersey Mikes, but Pizza is fine also.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
I already have a similar kit. I would be interested depending on date.

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
I haven't yet determined the date yet Scott. Do you have a preference? feel free to post the "good dates" for you and I'll make it the one that is most requested...most likely! :)

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
My wife Beth, and myself do want to do a pyro work shop. We have one of the kits already.:icon_thum

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
My wife Beth, and myself do want to do a pyro work shop. We have one of the kits already.:icon_thum

So Bruce, would you like me to sign you both up with NO kit purchase? That is fine, I'm just trying to keep could of how many kits I should plan to have here.
Thanks!

tomcat1055

New User
Rick
I am interested in the workshop. I have an unopened burning kit, however I don't know how it compares to the one being offered. When I get home will look at it and post pics to see if it will be sufficient for the class.

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
we have 6 people signed up at this time. I think that might do it for this class. If there is more interest, I can plan on doing another class later. What I would request for those that aren't on the list but would like to purchase a kit, please let us know now so we can do a bulk purchase from Klingspor. But, you must pick it up at my shop during this or the next class (if there is a next class).

Rick: Let me know what kit you have. I'm not a big fan of the soldering iron type like the Walnut Hollow Creative Versatool. I played with one a couple weeks ago and I'm not kidding when I say that it darn near took 30 minutes to heat up the shading tip! It works, but temperature control is slow due to the mass of metal in the tip as well as heat-up. If you have this one and would like to use it, I'd plan to plug it in as soon as you get here and let it get good and hot. Then don't plan to change tips.

The Colewood Cub (the burner in the mega kit from Klingspor) is a fantastic low-end tool compared to the multi-pen $$$ burners. Mine will heat up to usable temp in about 10 seconds and it takes me about that long to change tips and be burning again! It's a great setup. I use it all the time to sign bowls I've turned on the lathe as well as other stuff that I've done.

tomcat1055

New User
Rick
So sign me up for a kit. The one I have is a soldering iron type (Weller 25 Watt) kit, and I would rather have a decent one to take the class with. Thanks

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
As Michael mentioned these cub kits are very easy to use and won't frustrate a beginner trying to deal with second rate equipment. You'll be able to concentrate on technique rather than fuss with the equipment.

We have negotiated a fantastic deal on these kits normally $119 for $90. Almost $30 off or about 25%. That is a super deal. We will probably not be able to offer this level of discount again. Thanks to our great supporters at Klingspor for making this one-time purchase available to us.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Michael, please put me down for 1 Cub Kit. As Ken said, just too good a deal to pass up. Thanks

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
OK, those of you signed up, I have April 1 and April 29 for available Saturdays for this workshop. How does April 1 sound for everyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS