Interest in a handsaw skills workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
I would like to see what the interest in a handsaw skill workshop, to include breaking down stock, as well as sawing joinery. This would include some demonstration with hands on practice and coaching. Dates to be determined location would be at Bills in Liberty. Cost would be a 30.00 donation to NCWW plus 5 bucks for lunch. So bring your handsaws out and add a little accuracy to your cuts.

Graywolf

Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
Western saws, eastern saws are a different technique and would be a another workshop altogether.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Not trying to stir anything up, I would be interested in eastern style saws. Do we have a resident expert ??

Graywolf

Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
Saw benchs, on how to use and abuse them and then eat lunch on them and make them like it.... Yes.

Graywolf

Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
Not trying to stir anything up, I would be interested in eastern style saws. Do we have a resident expert ??
I don't know about an expert, I do know how to use the little guys and to some extent the layout and rules for accurate sawing are the same. And I hold no I'll will toward the eastern saw and or it's use. I am a little green when it comes to the teaching side of things and would like to narrow the focus a little and keep the chances of confusion low. I'll let you pick as to whom the confusion prevention is for.:rotflm:

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Just looking at the calendar, Richard, every Saturday in April is open. In May, the 13th and 20th are out. In June, the 17th is out. Every Saturday beyond that is open.

Graywolf

Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
Thanks Bill, I'll post something tomorrow evening.

Graywolf

Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
Ok so what I meant to say was I post something on Saturday. Wow what a week! I would like put April 8th or April 22 up and see how many could make one of those dates. I look forward to hearing from you guys on this.

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
The class would be interesting but both April and May are just too busy for me this year.

LB75

George
I'd be very interested but can't until mid-June. Booked up pretty much every weekend until then.

Graywolf

Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
Can someone who can't use a hand saw participate? If I buy a saw and bring it?
The point here is to train at all levels, to build and improve skills and give you drills to practice to continue to improve. So yes, you can and I hope you will.
So what kind of saw are you thinking of buying?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors