Interest in a "Build Your Own Frame Saw" Workshop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Justice

David
Corporate Member
Just ordered my kit. Hopefully it will be here by the 18th, I will Email him to see if he can let me know. I ordered unsharpened, so I hope we'll be going over sharpening :)

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
Just ordered my kit. Hopefully it will be here by the 18th, I will Email him to see if he can let me know. I ordered unsharpened, so I hope we'll be going over sharpening :)
Lets hope it shows, that being said let me know which kit you ordered and we can get you started in the right direction.

Graywolf

Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
The 18th is the date we will go with for this workshop. I'll post more soon. Thanks.

Graywolf

Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
Good morning, there are a lot of variables pertaining to making the saw. The saw I made, I started with 8/4 stock, finished dimensions I had 2pieces 1.25 x 1 1/2 x 36 inches. I had one piece 1 3/4x 1 1/2 x 26 inches. One piece 1.5 x 3.5 x 27". I built the saw to fit my body and it is rather comfortable to use I'll be glad to entertain any questions that you have beyond that and I'll PM you my phone number I'll be available to answer some questions probably about 3 o'clock today

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
After being postponed in February, the "Frame Saw" workshop finally happened. It was a long, but productive day, and both participants went home w/ a frame saw. There is still a little bit of fine tuning and 'beautifying' to be done on each saw, but I think David and Chase both have a working tool they can be proud of. There are more pics in the album "Frame Saw Workshop" if you want to see more.

IMG_15851.JPG

David Justice

David
Corporate Member
It was a great workshop and I learned so much from Richard and Bill. Thanks so much!! Can't wait to do another one. (kerfing plane?):)

Posting a pic of my saw, I finally got the dimensions correct and got it put together. Still needs quite a bit of shaping/sanding/scraping.

IMG_0999.jpg

Graywolf

Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
Now that warms me heart to hear that. I really appreciate you guys letting me instruct you and Bill I really appreciate you for hosting this. This gave a great opportunity to work on my instructing skills and I will be doing more and will be posting more on that later. I will also be in touch with David about saw sharpening maybe this coming weekend!

cstandi1

New User
chase
I too had a great time at the workshop, thanks so much Richard for the instruction and thanks to Bill as well for hosting us. Richard Your saw looks great, I think the modifications to the dimensions add a great aesthetic to the saw. I haven't done anything else to mine yet but I will post pictures once it is 100%. I need to show my wife pictures of Bill's shop so she knows what to expect once I retire lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS