Inspired...

Status
Not open for further replies.

christopheralan

New User
Christopheralan
I have been doing alot of work for the Wounded Warriors Battalion on Camp Lejeune. I make alot of their plaques and other woodwork and finally met some of the Marines there.

There was a little to-do thing going on when I dropped off my last project and I had a chance to meet some of the warriors. One just learned how to walk again, and one was telling me about what he went through in Iraq, and due to his injury, he would totally forget talking to me in about 4 hours.

I was humbled and amazed seeing these Marines and have thus been inspired to do some pro-bono work for them. I will be interviewing some and will be doing some projects from scrolling to burning to small stuff to try to help them out in a small way.

Please don't feel like you have to, but if anyone feels like they would want to help these guys out, lemme know in this thread. I think any small thing would mean alot to these guys.

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
I have been doing alot of work for the Wounded Warriors Battalion on Camp Lejeune. I make alot of their plaques and other woodwork and finally met some of the Marines there.

There was a little to-do thing going on when I dropped off my last project and I had a chance to meet some of the warriors. One just learned how to walk again, and one was telling me about what he went through in Iraq, and due to his injury, he would totally forget talking to me in about 4 hours.

I was humbled and amazed seeing these Marines and have thus been inspired to do some pro-bono work for them. I will be interviewing some and will be doing some projects from scrolling to burning to small stuff to try to help them out in a small way.

Please don't feel like you have to, but if anyone feels like they would want to help these guys out, lemme know in this thread. I think any small thing would mean alot to these guys.

I'm interested. What do you have in mind?

Last edited by a moderator:

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Chris: Not sure if you could see my original reply, but I'm interested in doing whatever my limited skills will allow. What do you have in mind??

christopheralan

New User
Christopheralan
Anything to turning pens, doing scrolls, keep-sake boxes, carvings, or whatever.

I will be doing scrolls of historic Mairne Corps battles, and doing portriats of the Marines.

christopheralan

New User
Christopheralan
I found out that there are about 100 plus Marines in the Battalion, and around 80 are the Wounded Warriors. I have been talking with the chain of command and we are working on the details for something like this.

christopheralan

New User
Christopheralan
The battalion will be looking at the ranks and will determine how many Marines will be able to receive gifts. They have criteria that need to be met to get things like this, such as combat vets, and I will find out how many Marines will be on the list.

thanks for the intrest!:eusa_clap:icon_thum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS