Insomniac's shop [PICS]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monty

New User
Monty
OK, so I've finally straightened out the shop some. I swept out all the woodchips and dead spiders, and I took some pics this morning, before the woodchips started piling up again.

If you follow the pics in order, they create kind of a 360º view...

IMG_0139.jpg

IMG_0126.jpg

IMG_0158.jpg

IMG_0108.jpg

IMG_0166.jpg

IMG_0090.jpg

That bandsaw is gone now...
IMG_0082.jpg

IMG_0087.jpg

IMG_0132.jpg

It should be pretty apparent that I'm still working on this. I still have to make doors for the two sets of upper cabinets, as well as my rolling cabinet/sharpening station. I also have to make a drawer for that counter next to the bandsaw. Other projects on the list: make a box to store/protect the Leigh D4 jig, make a real router table, and make a real workbench. When I (finally) build my new workbench, it's going to go in that space where the little worktable is in the back of the shop. I also would like to make a flip-top cabinet to go along the back wall, for my BOSS &/or scroll saw that I've never even opened... :roll:

This is a shop layout diagram that I drew up a while back, when I was still in the planning stages of the shop. I'm pretty close to this already:

workshop.gif

Just thought I'd share... any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated!

:cool:

Last edited:

sapwood

New User
Roger
Other shops I've seen have sawdust :oops:

I would suggest a bench for the barbells and maybe some 45 lb plates. :lol:

And of course, it's easy to visualize a Rikon 18" BS where the Sears 10" was ;-)

Suffering from serious shop envy (especially sizewise)--
Sapwood

Monty

New User
Monty
The weights are the last vestiges of some exercise equipment I used to keep down there... now I've just given up completely!

Don't be fooled by the lack of sawdust in the pics... I had just finished sweeping up the mess, and decided now would be a good time to snap those pics I've been wanting to take! I do try very hard to keep the clutter down, though. I absolutely hate having stuff all over the floor and work surfaces - that's why I had to build the cabinets. Once I get all the doors finished, I'll be pretty happy with them.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Beautiful shop. Thanks for taking the time to clean up and post pics. I love to see how others use their space efficiently and effectively. You make my shop look like a garage. The Delta box shelf system is nice?????:lol: :lol: Now go out there and make something and show us some pics! Dave:)

cloudancer

New User
Greg Dake
Nice shop, nice pictures. Heck it was the next best thing to a shop tour.

If Red Sonja sees that turning tool rack, I know what my next project will be ;-)

Thanks for sharing

Ken Couch

New User
Update your profile with your name
Those are a nice collection of planes you have in your beautiful cabinet. If I ever learn to use the one I have I'll have to get some more.
That seems to be the mark of a true woodworker.
Nice shop!!
Ken

Monty

New User
Monty
Ken Couch said:
That seems to be the mark of a true woodworker.

8-O OK, OK, I'll send them back... :oops:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously, thanks for the comments!

DavidF

New User
David
Now I'm really sick, that is one NEAT shop -cupboards and racks...... I'll post some pics of my shop if you promise not to laugh:jealous:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors