Inexpensive Clamps/Spreaders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
I have been working on a CD/DVD rack that incorporated light aluminum angle for shelves to accommodate CD/DVDs. Here is a picture of what I ended up with....

DSCN15491.JPG

DSCN1544.JPG

I believe I was pretty careful in measuring the lengths of aluminum for the shelves, but after assembly of the aluminum shelves, I found that they were about 1/16" too long to fit between the uprights.

This began my search for a 36" clamp that convert to a spreader so that I could "gently" give myself the clearance to insert the shelves. Most all I looked at (Irwin, Bessey etc.) were way to much money for their intended purpose. I came across these Tekton's on Amazon and ordered two. (Less that $20 for the two.) I was really surprised to find that these are pretty decent light duty clamps and easily converted to 42" spreaders. Were just the ticket for resolving my fit issue.

http://www.amazon.com/TEKTON-39182-...456003943&sr=1-1-spell&keywords=tektron+clamp

So if you are looking for a spreader at a very reasonable price, check these out.

Wayne

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS