Impossible? PM2000 sprocket replacement??

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Hey everyone,

So I recieved the sprockets for my PM2000 today and went and leaned my saw on to it's side and went to work to try to figure out how the heck to change this sprocket. I got the chain off the sprocket and the broken sprocket off, but can't get the "lead screw" out. I don't want to mess up my first and brand new table saw. Any ideas? :icon_scra I read in the manual that I can bring it to a service center 50 miles away in Raleigh. I live in Goldsboro and @ $3 dollars a gallon I'd rather not,
plus do you how much this thing weighs? :XXfridge:
It's a monster:kamahlitu504 pounds of Muscle. I'd like to do it myself and save the money, but I didn't think it would be this hard. Here are a few pictures

And

Thanks for the Help!

Matthew & Rachel
Custom Home Audio

BobcatBob

New User
Bob
Murphy's law says "the broken sprocket has to be the one on the lead screw. I can't see what the other end of the lead screw fits into but from the parts manual it looks like you will have to remove the 6 socket screws to remove the base from the cabinet. If you then remove the nut from the bottom of the lead screw, you should be able to pull the lead screw out the top of the base/castor assm. If you still have questions, I would call the Sevrice Center you mentioned and get their opinion.

Bob

Attachments

• untitled3.jpg
    untitled3.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 147
T

toolferone

I would call their tech line and ask how the shaft comes off. You looked for any set screws or clips on the shaft. You might try a few soft hits with a rubber mallet and see if it moves at all. It might be a press fit. Let us know how it goes. I agree it is a bummer to have to do this on a new machine.

cpowell

New User
Chuck
(Disclaimer: I'm not a mechanical genius) From this pic in your gallery does it looks like maybe the hex screw that seats the key was over-torqued at the factory?

P1070277.JPG

I would check the other sprockets and make sure they look okay.

Chuck

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Hey Jon Todd,

I wish I would have paid more attention to your post, I must have been have a sleep, but I did email them and got a call today and Dave said he'd have a service man contact me and set up an appointment to come to my house and fix my machine. Hoe freakin' awesome is that, wow it's unheard of. Um excuse me my refrigerator shelf can you come out and fix it, No! of course they can't.

So thanks everyone. And thanks Jon Todd. I will pay more attention when I get more money. I am way excited to get it fixed and start putting the rest of it together since it's a heavy beast. I will put pictures up of the service guy and my saw and my shop when it's all done. Hopefully early next week.

Have a great weekend everyone,

Matthew & Rachel
Custom Home Audio
M&R Audio

sapwood

New User
Roger
Great news Matthew and Rachel :eusa_danc
WMH (Powermatic/Jet) have always given me good customer support.

Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors