Image projection at Klingspor Extravaganza

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
I am just thinking here. I understand we have a decent projector and I am bringing a 72" wide screen, It would be nice if we could project video of the demo for all to see close up. A closeup of Alan's turning or the I-box in operation would be great. I also have many images of canoe building and fiberglass lamination that I could have on my iPad. What would to take to have these connected wireless - is the projector bluetooth ready?

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
I am just thinking here. I understand we have a decent projector and I am bringing a 72" wide screen, It would be nice if we could project video of the demo for all to see close up. A closeup of Alan's turning or the I-box in operation would be great. I also have many images of canoe building and fiberglass lamination that I could have on my iPad. What would to take to have these connected wireless - is the projector bluetooth ready?

We have a Camera amn I will also bring mine.
What do you want to connect with blutooth. We will have Wifi access.

I thought you wanted a slide show from our gallery. I was working on that. But I'll stop if you want.???????????

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
We have a Camera amn I will also bring mine.
What do you want to connect with blutooth. We will have Wifi access.

I thought you wanted a slide show from our gallery. I was working on that. But I'll stop if you want.???????????

I would think we could do both. Have the slide show running unless it received an interupt from a bluetooth input
And you know I am not very computer literate so if this is really hard then dont worry

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
Man, are we going hi-tech or what! A large screen TV and camera mounted so all could see, and maybe a wireless mic would be great! Here's hoping we get the crowds so we'll need it!

A couple of logistics details to work out - mounting the TV, camera and speakers? If we could feed the wireless mic receiver into the TV and if the TV has speakers, then we wouldn't need separate speakers.

When I was trying to shoot videos of my adjustable bench and DC system, I found the internal mic in my small JVC camera didn't work well at all. From 5' away it picked up environmental noise better than it did my voice.

I sometimes look at photos and INTERNET TV on my flatscreen TV by connecting it to my laptop with a 12' HDMI cable. If needed I could bring the cable.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Man, are we going hi-tech or what! A large screen TV and camera mounted so all could see, and maybe a wireless mic would be great! Here's hoping we get the crowds so we'll need it!

A couple of logistics details to work out - mounting the TV, camera and speakers? If we could feed the wireless mic receiver into the TV and if the TV has speakers, then we wouldn't need separate speakers.

When I was trying to shoot videos of my adjustable bench and DC system, I found the internal mic in my small JVC camera didn't work well at all. From 5' away it picked up environmental noise better than it did my voice.

I sometimes look at photos and INTERNET TV on my flatscreen TV by connecting it to my laptop with a 12' HDMI cable. If needed I could bring the cable.

Alan, the screen I am bringing is just a projection screen so we will still have to have a separate sound system. Maybe next year we can get a video display - by then the 100" will be affordable.

As for drawing the crowds, I just ordered a dozen lumberjacks in kilts.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
The projector we have is HDMI, RCA, and USB capable. The HD video camera also has HDMI output and we have a 25' HDMI cable (can you say, 'expensive'?). The camera also uses SD cards.
We also have a wireless sound system consisting of a speaker with power supply and rechargeable battery, a wireless hand microphone, or a lapel clip microphone with belt clip transmitter. It also has a headset type mike (AKA Garth Brooks).
I have a tripod we can use as well.

Last edited:

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
The projector we have is HDMI, RCA, and USB capable. The HD video camera also has HDMI output and we have a 25' HDMI cable (can you say, 'expensive'?). The camera also uses SD cards.
We also have a wireless sound system consisting of a speaker with power supply and rechargeable battery, a wireless hand microphone, or a lapel clip microphone with belt clip transmitter. It also has a headset type mike (AKA Garth Brooks).
I have a tripod we can use as well.

Great! I'll leave my stuff home.

What is the latest on set-up times? Is the goal to get everything set up Thursday evening. How late will we have access to the hall on Thursday and what is the procedure for access?

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
I would think we could do both. Have the slide show running unless it received an interupt from a bluetooth input
And you know I am not very computer literate so if this is really hard then dont worry

What bluetooth input are you talking about? I am confused. Is there something about our setup that even uses Bluetooth???

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Great! I'll leave my stuff home.

What is the latest on set-up times? Is the goal to get everything set up Thursday evening. How late will we have access to the hall on Thursday and what is the procedure for access?

I hope that we will have everything ready Thursday night. Then go eat dinner. In the morning have a nice leisurely breakfast. and then do any last minor setup checks. Sound and video checks.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
What bluetooth input are you talking about? I am confused. Is there something about our setup that even uses Bluetooth???

I was assuming that the epson projector was a wireless device, it is not, but it does have a USB input so I was just going to get a blue tooth dongle which plugs into the usb port.
Then with the free iprojection app running on either my iPad or iPhone I could display any picture up on the screen. Sure seems easy. A video camera could also be hooked up with the HDMI cable and all we would have to do is switch inputs with the projector remote

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
I was assuming that the epson projector was a wireless device, it is not, but it does have a USB input so I was just going to get a blue tooth dongle which plugs into the usb port.
Then with the free iprojection app running on either my iPad or iPhone I could display any picture up on the screen. Sure seems easy. A video camera could also be hooked up with the HDMI cable and all we would have to do is switch inputs with the projector remote

More power to you. I was just going to use my laptop with an HDMI out to connect to projector.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
We'll probably need some sort of tripod for the projector itself. Please bring yours & I'll be sure we have something we can attach the projector with via the standard 1/4 - 20 thread method standard on these.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS