I'm still woodworking....

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Although seemingly at a much slower pace. I started this blanket chest for my wife a month or two ago. She has grown tired of waiting for it and gave me my orders for this weekend. She would take all the distractions to visit her parents and I would finish the project. Well two uninterrupted days in the shop and I got er done.

Blanket_Chest_WIP_Pickles_017.jpg

Blanket_Chest_WIP_Pickles_013.jpg

A few more coats of Waterlox Original and some shellac for the inside and she will be ready to fill up with our blankets.

Dave:)

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Great looking chest Dave:icon_thum I like the contrasting colors - I was wondering when we where going to see something from you -

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
Most excellent bro, Audrey will be happy I'm sure. :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Brian.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Dave, that turned out great! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap I'm sure she'll love it. :icon_thum

If I remember correctly, it was walnut and red (?) oak????? Looks great man. :thumbs_up:thumbs_up

M

McRabbet

Nice chest, Dave! You done good fella (and maybe saved your marriage, too!)

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Looks very fine, I like the wood contrast and the curved legs are a nice touch. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

How many total coats of Waterlox? (I haven't used it but understand that it looks great on walnut).

Chuck

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Looks very fine, I like the wood contrast and the curved legs are a nice touch. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

How many total coats of Waterlox? (I haven't used it but understand that it looks great on walnut).

Chuck

I've only done one application of Waterlox. I ran out, need to get more. I'll probably apply at least 3 more coats or until the end-grain on the top quits soaking it up.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Looks nice BUT isn't it the time of year to get out the extra blankets.
dick

Yeah Dick, that irony came to me today. Oh well it will be ready to store something in it next spring. But if I know my wife she will find a way to utilize the storage no matter the season.

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Dave, very sharp! Thanks for sharing (and thanks also for the advice re the BLO this evening).

Scott

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
WOW!!

Nice work, Dave. That piece finished up real pretty.:icon_thum:icon_thum

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS