If you want to build a house ......

Status
Not open for further replies.

sawduster

New User
Robert
To paraphrase Earl in his sig ....if you want to build a house , don't ask someone how , just build it :eusa_danc
...I love that , it has changed my life in so many ways :mrgreen:

that is the attitude I took when I decided to build a flag case for my next door neighbor for her recently deceased veteran husband and one of my friends

I did it all , I milled the wood , I screwed up the angles ( several times ) , I made dados, I routed the base, I fussed , I cussed, I did the finish , I built it one and a half times before I got it passable on the 3rd try, everything on my own .........not even any plans :eusa_doh: ( hear that Fred ? ) :gar-Bi
.....took me 2 weekends all told :embaresse

display_small2.jpg

View image in gallery

Boy did I learn a ton on this one :eek: It's not exactly museum quality but it is solid and I will be proud to give it to her this evening or tomorrow evening

I may actually get this casework stuff figured out one day ! :rolf: Like anything else I guess , practice practice practice :gar-Bi

thanx for lookin :mrgreen:

jhreed

New User
james
Robert, it is ok to quote Earl since you can make items of this quality. I know she will like it. Be sure to take your handkerchef with you.
James

RandyJ

New User
Randy
We have all become accustomed to nothing but perfection from you, Robert!
That is a beautiful flag display and she will be as proud to have it as you are to have built it.
The world would be a far better place if everyone had neighbors like you.:eusa_clap
Good job my friend.:icon_thum

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Very, very nice work there, Robert!!!:icon_thum:eusa_danc:eusa_clap

I am sure that it will be cherished!

Wayne

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Dude....and you said you could build a single thing. If you don't make a mistake or two along the way you are not learning. Great job.

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
Very nice work and story told!

Building without plans is/can be fun and challenging.

Once you "get" the fundamentals, they can be applied toward anything.

Also, one begins to get that "Can-do" confidence, so important in anything, esp WWing.

Congrats!

M

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Beautiful work, Robert. As someone else said, take your handkerchief. Let us know who sheds more tears, you or her. :eusa_clap

Bill

lbtripp

New User
Lyell
Robert,

You did a great job. As one of the other members stated, take your handkerchief with you when you deliver it. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Lyell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS